Why are honest opinions downvoted?

Why do people ask about their insecurites on here (Examples: Does it matter that I'm fat?, Is my labia unattractive?, Is my dick big enough?, Am I too skinny?) and get mad when someone is actually honest and not giving a grand speech on how beautiful their insecurity is. Actually giving decent criticism is met with downvotes most of the time. Why is this?
P. S.
GaG keeps changing the category to 'Sexual Behaviour' from 'Other', so sorry about that.

Most Helpful Girl

• This site is filled with a lot of extremely sensitive people. They will ask a question about an insecurity and they really want people to tell them it's not a big deal. When people then reply in a way that they do not want to hear. They lash out.

What Girls Said 5

• Because people don't actually want to hear the truth.

• There are people who are honest in a offensive way. And others who say they're being honest, but in reality they're bringing down other people so they feel better with themselves.
    And in other cases, they're not being hurtful or offensive, it's just that people don't like to hear the truth.

• The truth hurts.

• Because they are humans

• In a word, trolls.

What Guys Said 10

• maybe they r not polite enough? ;)

• lol this happens to me a lot

• People are entitled to upvote and downvote as they please, it is nature of the site - For whatever reason you will get downvotes, there can't be many on here who haven't being downvoted I know I have been.

• reality check is important every once in a while.
    i get downvoted for honesty l, what people don't know that it's better to know it and change it before getting hurt unless they can't do anything about it.

we all are not perfect we have out downsides it's ok (some tall others short, blue eyes or dark ones, into history or math we are different) we can not change that.

• personal preferences are always downvoted on here. It's not really your problem though, its there's

• People can be assholes. I only downvote truly horrible advice or unwarranted criticisms.

• Most people can't handle the hard truth.

• humans have insecurities... if you don't like it, then don't read it.

• The upvotes/downvotes are fickle, pay no attention to them. lol

• Because people only want the truth when it benefits them and not when it's to their detriment.