Would you block an age range from answering if you could?

Since we can block genders from answering , do you think blocking certain age groups would be a great idea?

• Yes
  • No
  • See results.

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't think that's a good idea and I wouldn't block anyone. People got really upset when they only allowed certain genders to answer some questions. It annoyed me that I couldn't answer questions because I was female. It would anger me more if I couldn't answer one just because of my age! It's restricting conversation and community too much. I have no problem with people of any age giving me opinions. The more the better!

What Guys Said 16

• No because I'm interested in the opinions of under 18 users. They tell us and give us an idea of how our future generation will be. The smartest people lie in (generally) over 35 and (most of the) 25-35 category. The real problem is my age group 18-24. I need to take their opinions seriously because this group is the one I interact with the most in my life and they are in majority even on this site. But unfortunately, they are adult only legally and physically but mentally, they still act like kids.

• I think there should be separate sections for under 18 people, but they should be free to answer questions from older people. Sometimes the younger people can give helpful answers; for example, about the effect of divorce on children.

• Yeah, but I feel like Under 18 accounts would be one of the only age groups blocked from questions, for better or for worse.

• Why would I, I don't even block gender from my questions. In my opinion everyone has a valid opinion no matter what their age and gender is.

• I really don't care who answers my questions as long as they are not creeps. The younger users on here don't seem to be the problems the creeps are typically 18+ and several of them are 45+

• no... everyone's welcomed 8)

• No, i don't think so who knows...

• I would block anyone below 17 because they aren't mature, that being said im sure i would be blocked by someone older.

• How is 18 so different from 17?

• 17 is fine by sub 17 i literally mean those that are to young to be mature enough to answer questions i may have. Now there are exceptions to every rule, in fact two of the most mature people i know fall below that range, but at the same time most people their age can't provide me with the mature answer i am wanting. So even though I can't block people far younger than me from answering i will generally ignore them in favor of those older than myself.

• No, I wouldn't

• No, that's completely unncecessary.

• Nope.. More the better

• No. But blocking retards could be a good feature.

• No, I believe in democracy and pure capitalism.

• Nah, I don't see a need for it.

• No. only females shouldn't be allowed to answer any questions of mine.

• No and I don't think we should be able to block genders either, everyone can have an opinion regardless of age or gender, why stop them from sharing it?

What Girls Said 24

• No, I don't think I would. I wouldn't want to limit my possibility of getting good responses just because of someone's age. That's why I don't use the gender-blocking feature either when I ask questions. I want the question to be available to as many users as possible.

• no. the young people on here are alright. the major trolls seem to be 18-24 and 25-29

• No. I think people from all ages can contribute.

• No... I don't think blocking anything but the anonymity option is necessary. Blocking genders is irritating enough, blocking age groups will just make matters worse for us all.

• Of course, why not. While we're at it.. why don't you make it possible to block certain personalities too?

• Yes. Anyone under 18. Some of my questions aren't meant for them.

• No, I would not. Is there was a block all assholes button I would surely do that.

• That's not right. Some people give great advice no matter what age they are. Just because most people in a certain age group are immature doesn't mean everyone in that age group is.

• I think it should be an option only for sexual topics only for under 18

• Block an age range from answering. No I wouldn't do it.

• No. I think it's a terrible idea. Maybe because I think the over 30's would get blocked a lot.

• Nope. I welcome all answers from all ages.

• No, cause there's stupid people in all age group.

• no I wouldn't block an age from answering but unless it was a age range like over 30 and 40 and over 40 then I would block that age range but other wise I wouldn't block a age range

• No I welcome all age as long as they are not meanie

• nope, i wouldn't

• I think so.

• I think it's a good idea.

• Hell no. I'm mature enough to answer these questions. I'm not stupid like some of the younger users.

• Nope, no need to.

• Yes. For sure. Under like 16 for definite.

• I don't think I would because there is always one smartass or dumbass from each age range group that will post something stupid.

• No doubt. But it wouldn't help anyway.

• I would say no each person can give you a different point of view but sometimes it may be interesting too because you may think some people is too old or too young to know the real situation going on because at each h age the way people act and filmy be completely different for example flirting at 14 is diferent than at 22 which is also different than 35.