Do you ever message people's inbox on gag to ask them if they can answer your question?

I never do that, but i had several people do it to me and i don't like it, because i feel forced to answer a question that 9/10 times a cba about. If i don't answer your question voluntarily there's probably a reason for it.
Let me know what you think. Do you think I'm mean for saying this?

• Yes, i do that
  • No, i never do that

Most Helpful Girl

• I have my profile selected to allow messages from only people who I follow, so if the people I follow ask me to answer a question I don't mind and will try to give a thoughtful answer because normally they're good questions.

When I first joined the site lots of random guys asked me to answer their questions and they were always the typical "how do I get her to like me?" or "does she like me?" questions. Like i'm supposed to know if someone else who i've never met likes someone else who i've never met, based on all of these things you listed, those were annoying lol

• Omg i can imagine the irritation that must have brought to you, i especially hate those *does she like me* questions and the only info they give you about her is that she smiled once or she looked at them twice!

• You just... like thats... everything you said is exactly me xD can't even add anything to it. We think the same😆😄

• thank you!

What Guys Said 16

• If you mean answer a question that I posted, I think I did that just once with someone I know well. And I have been asked under the same circumstances. And due to knowing well, it did not bother me at all to do so.

If you mean have I asked a question in a PM that should have been posted, no, but I have had people ask me in PMs. People that I don't know at all. But they have apparently seen answers of mine and felt I could help them more than others, or been embarrassed to state it, even anonymously, in front of everyone. I don't mind answering those, as long as they don't keep coming back with variations they want answered. I am here mainly to be helpful and try to be that.

• Most of us aren't on the site all day and miss a lot of questions. Usually the only reason they haven't answered my question is they haven't SEEN it.

I don't hesitate to ask people who have given worthwhile answers in the past to answer my questions.

• I think it's the same as asking people ob the street to fill in a question sheet about the economy. People mostly don't feel like it, aren't interested or have something better to do, but feel forced because you've come up to them personally, so they give quick, unserious answers

• yeah i do, but its rare. like you, its usually a question that i don't particularly care to answer, but i feel obligated to because they asked me directly -_-

• No, but I've helped many people who was a voice to be heard and
    needed my support , i never turn anyone away , I just don't like answering
    questions from males who want talk about girls or anything sexually related
    cause i don't feel comfortable with that stuff.

• Umm, I think I know what you're talking, since I've had 8 GAGers randomly message me saying "Hey mist can you answer this question?" like umm okay, even though I've never even seen them before on this site LOL *shrugs*

• No, that's kind of sad.

• Nope, but there are some people that have. It was only whjen I was in the top users list.

• No, I've had it happen to me too.

• I did it for one of my questions, because I genuinely wanted more feedback from the community. That was two months ago.

• I don't think you're mean for it. I'd be saying thanks for tellin me about it, I might check it out, and then go from there. Most likely forget about it though. :P

• No I don't, what do you think posting questions is for.

• Yes, I send like that. but I never thought like that I think I should stop doing things like that 😐
    thanks for this question.

• i never have done that but occasionally someone asks me, or asks for my opinion separately

• I dont ask much questions sooo,... but yeaa i have been asked to answer a lot

• I have responded to a few, but never asked any.

• hahaha I'm new... so maybe in the future!!

What Girls Said 20

• No. I consider that to be spam and I dissuade everyone from doing that. Sure, send it to your friends who you know won't mind but sending it to loads of people is spamming. People don't want to be forced to answer a question, they'll answer the ones they want. Get your question featured if you need more opinions. I dislike it when people give an opinion, then ask the question asker to return the favour and send them a link. I still consider that spamming. You should answer a question because you want to or to help the person, not to request favours!

I've answered some people who send me links but if it's a question I'm not interested in or the details is just a wall of text, I won't leave an opinion. I don't have to. I've had people send me huge paragraphs asking for help and I think it's a bit unfair to force it upon someone. If you really want personal advice, keep it fairly brief!

• No, I never have done that.

I don't mind people asking me to though.
    Some people really need help and their question is over looked.
    I'm here to help people.
    So, why would I have a problem answering?

• I never do that. I don't want people to feel like they are obligated to answer my question. I hate when people message me asking me to look at their question and answer it. It's like they're desperate and begging for answers, and makes me not want to answer at all.

• That is exactly my point THANK YOU

• How do you get your question featured?

• By the way i never answer featured questions, becaue they're so in my face all the time xD

• No but I get SO many of them it's annoying really...

• At first I would help people out and answer their questions but it was never good enough and they would continue to ask all these other questions and more advice and blah blah blah. Not that I'm annoyed with helping people it's just like they aren't ever satisfied with what you give them and they want more. Anyways now I don't respond maybe that makes me seem like a bitch oh well. If you want advice ask it on this site after all that's what this site is about.

• People often do that to me. I do it sometimes if it's a small question about American culture that's too stupid to ask. That makes me think, I want to ask someone a question again. Any American volunteers?

• I've also received those messages and 50% of the time I don't answer, just ignore.
    I'd never send these kind of messages because it seems clingy

• Only very rarely. And usually only when I want help dragging someone.

• No I don't and I hate when people do it. If I wanna answer your question, I'll do it, so quit messaging me already.

• I've received some msgs like that

• I never do that. No one is forced to answer my questions.

• Nope. I don't mind if someone does it. Unless it becomes frequent.

• I don't do that but I have people ask me to a lot.

• That's a foolproof plan of getting me to NOT answer a question.

• You could ignore the message if you didn't want to answer the question

• can you answer my question?

• Haha way too much effort for me to bother doing that 😂

• I don't like it either. I feel like they're invading my inbox's special privacy. lmao

• I have never done that.

• Only when we've talked about a topic and I suspect they might not have seen the question about said topic.

No, you're not mean for saying it. I think the same about people sending me links to questions about things we've never talked about and don't interest me.