Why do we lose xper points if we remove our custom avatar picture?

For example I start off with the picture shown below as my default personality pic. I change it the first time, I earn 50 xper points. Once I set it back as my profile picture after I've changed it, I lose 50 xper points. Why is that?

Most Helpful Guy

• Because it'd be cheating then. You "earned" for "setting" a new pic, but you removed it so, they removed the points. Whenever you'll put a new one, they'll give you your earned points back :)

What Guys Said 3

• Because a custom profile picture gives you +50 Xper. It makes sense that if you remove the profile picture, then the reward for it gets deducted, too. If you want to be smart about it, then use the snipping tool in Windows to cut out the default profile picture image, save it on your pc, then upload it and use it as a "custom" profile picture. Then you would get best of both worlds.

• Think about it. If you didn't lose those EXPER points, you could change it, get 50 EXPER points, change it back, change it again and get another 50 EXPER points. You would have unlimited EXPER points, and all you would have to do is change your profile picture back and forth.

• Well, I already know that you get 50 points when you custom your avatar for the first time only.

• GAG's rules... simply 8)

What Girls Said 5

• To encourage people to put up their own pictures and keep them like it.

• Really how weird

• Wow, that's crazy. Never heard of that happening.

• i guess they want you to use a new pic...

• Hmmmm interesting. Verrrry interesting. I'm curious as well?