Is it true gurus and masters give crappy advice?

Whenever I answer a question it seems gurus and masters leave mediocre advice. Plus people have told me they leave short and unhelpful opinions, I've never seen it myself though.

What's your opinion, I'm a 2xper

Most Helpful Girl

• Well.. Lots of gurus and masters (not all) answer questions mainly for xp points and not to actually answer the question.

What Girls Said 13

• Huge generalization. But definitely not true according to me if u are familiar with the advice I give.

• Anyone is capable of giving crappy advice on here, gurus and masters included. However, there are plenty of gurus and masters who give good advice in general, so definitely not all gurus/masters are bad at giving advice.
    People should stop treating the guru and master titles so seriously. They're just xper ranks, in the end they don't mean shit. It just means that the people with those titles have been on here for a while and have answered/asked a lot of questions, possibly won contests and written mytakes too. These are not titles we are given by the GaG staff for having extraordinary answers. They're titles we receive automatically just by collecting xper from being active on the site. How we collect that xper is entirely up to the individual. Some people give quality answers, some people give shitty answers, and others give both.

• 1 XperLevel 1 = 0 - 149

2 XperLevel 2 = 150 - 299

3 XperLevel 3 = 300 - 499

4 XperLevel 4 = 500 - 999

5 XperLevel 5 = 1000 - 2499

6 XperLevel 6 = 2500 - 4999

7 XperLevel 7 = 5000 - 7499

8 XperLevel 8 = 7500 - 9999

9 XperLevel 9 = 10000 - 19999

GuruGuru = 20000-49999

MasterMaster = 50000+

Being a guru or a master does not necessarily mean they give perfect answers. Those are levels they have reached through participation. Unfortunately, people expect perfection from them, because they don't realize the truth behind those "titles". The ranking system is above.

• Tbh, if points were given for the length and effort in an answer, I would have a lot more points than I have now and would be higher than a level 7. I give some very long and detailed answers most of the time.

• I wish I could like your comment*

• If they told you they saw a unicorn or a dragon... would you believe it too?

• I don't think so. They're just like anyone else, but they've been here longer. It's not like it's all that hard to amass xper anyway.

http://www.girlsaskguys.com/faq/xper

• Unless you have seen it yourself after a period of time of observation, don't believe everything you hear or read

• EXCUSEEEE MEEEE?

#GENERALISATION106

• Being a certain xper level has nothing to do with the quality of your advice. It just means that you've been involved in tons of gag activity (answered many questions, left an opinion on promoted takes several times, and posted many questions). Let's not generalize, I know a few gurus who gave very helpful advice to my questions and it's not because of their xper level status.

• No they don't. Being a guru or master doesn't mean that they have to give good advice, it only means how much they participate in questions. :)

• Who cares? We all have an opinion the most important thing is that we all Recieve quality advice who cares if a certain person gave it this isn't highschool

• Sometimes they do. But I think a kind of troll sometimes with their answers

• All it means is that they have posted a ton. Most likely by doing lots and lots of really short replies without much meaning. Whereas some only reply to things which they can think of detailed, useful answers for.

• I don't think so.

What Guys Said 28

• Oh yeah why not? Check my today's answers (even though I'm the one who likes to describe the whole story in single sentence because I consider it a wit and I prefer quality over quantity)

www.girlsaskguys.com/.../q1501587-do-you-have-any-pet

www.girlsaskguys.com/.../q1501171-which-english-speaking-country-in-your-opinion-is-least-racist

www.girlsaskguys.com/.../q1500279-gagers-have-you-ever-been-threatened-in-real-life

You're doing generation. We all aren't same. So please.

@justbanANNAz - you're order is ready ma'am 😎

• jelllyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy nyaaaaaaaaaaaaah :p

hahahha i'm just teasin u ^_^

• Hmmm Not true for all for sure.

That being said, there are a handful of accounts on here that upset me. It is just so clear they are xp mining only, they say like 5 words and rush to be the first to answer everything for the extra ONE freaking point and are always on. I just find that I see them on every question, but I never see more than one line of text and usually some pretty dumb generic questions...

But the majority are fine, this is just a handful of people! some aren't even masters or gurus who do these things!

• Eh some do, and some don't. There are definitely some that just post a ton of short answers to rack up the points. I'd say the majority are helpful though. A better indicator of their helpfulness is their mho %

• I believe that some people with high XP level gain that by mainly agreeing with people and saying what they want to hear rather than giving constructive advice. Some people also answer pretty much all questions and get their XP that way. And some people actually try to give good advice and gain xp that way.

Just like in the rest of society the gurus and experts come in all flavours.

• I think at all levels there are people who give different types of answers - There are definite camps within GaG in regard to answers.

• All guru and master means is you have responded to a certain amount of questions.
    There is a guy on here that spends literally every moment of his waking life responding to questions on here with one line responses that half the time are irrelevant as he didn't even read the question correctly ☺️🙈
    Ummm so yeah that status doesn't have no reason for a person to have more knowledge than anyone else.

• Not really, they've been on this site longer than anyone. So, they do tend to know how to help people.

After all they see the same questions every day of their lives.

1. Penis questions.
    2. Height questions.
    3. Kissing/Virginity questions.
    4. Relationship questions.
    5. And how can not forget Trolling questions.

• Yeah some... Know why? Because the only requirement to get those badge is by having lots of xper points and that basically means anyone who lots of xper points which doesn't translate to ability of giving great advice but gets them anyway because they have lots of xper points..

• No man not at all

• There's only one that comes to mind...

He said "basically" a lot...

Please don't report this GaG

• It is true the ones I see have terrible answers but since it's a politically correct answer that sounds nice and doesn't offend anyone people thumb it up

• Not at all. Being a Guru is a clear sign of knowledge and wisdom, and not just a sign that I've been here for a while.

• If masters and gurus give crappy advice it's because they're not psychologists or sociologists. They are just normal people who spent a lot of time on this website.

• eh not universally true. don't put too much stock into peoples levels and titles on here. Means little at the end of the day

• Not necessarily true. Some people can be more interested in xp than helping, but for the most part, there are a bunch of helpful gurus and masters!

• Masters and Gurus are just as likely as anyone else to give crappy advice. It's true.

• Is the sky blue

• Pay no attention to a person's ranking on this site. When you get down to it, it's all about how many times they've posted questions and answers. It's all smoke and mirrors.

• They're normal people just like us; the only difference is that they have nothing better to do than be on GaG almost everyday (which isn't a bad thing mind you).

• they are above the law so can get away with it

• They're usually full of shit.

• Do not know a lot of Gurus and Masters, but I know some Level-9 users give conductive advice.

• yes, why the hell you trust some gurus and masters :D

• Yes they are idiots. Especially the mods. if you post a non feminist responce it often gets deleted

• I defintetly agree with you.

• I'd say that's rather common for a lot of them, as most of them just spam for xper or are here to socialize.

• I agree. filler