Why do people post anonymously?

Why?

Most Helpful Girl

• There are various reasons why people decide to post anonymously. Some of them:
    - They don't want to draw too much attention. They like using the site, but they don't want to be a part of the people who form cliques.
    - They do so out of fear of being recognized. -paranoia-
    - Females ask and answer sexuality-related topics anonymously in order not to get messaged by males.
    - They see no reason to do so because they only want answers to 1 or 2 questions and then they leave the site.
    - They enjoy trolling (however, I think anyone can troll just as easily with their identity shown)
    - They fear judgment.
    - They like clicking the button.
    - They simply feel like it.
    - Anonymous feature makes you feel safe (r).

• they see no reason not to do so*

What Guys Said 13

• Because they can.

Why do people cut me off in traffic and then flip me off when I honk?

• Because they're chickenshits

• obviously they don't wanna destroy their name reputtion?

• I don't. I have no shame.

• They are either trolls or afraid of judgement.

• for the fun of it.

• embarassment...

• Utilizing one's options is intelligent.

• I don't know

• cause we dont all have sweet clever usernames like buttercupbrownie or whatever... .

• why does the wind blow anyway i post anoymously because i like it

• Because we can. It's a choice. And sometimes people on here ask very sensitive and personal questions so it's their right if they want to remain anonymous

• 'tis my prerogative!

What Girls Said 7

• It varies from person to person.
    For me, I'll post anonymously when someone is requesting highly sensitive or personal information. If someone is essentially being nosey and their curiosity has evolved into something more intrusive, considering that I don't know them, I will most likely share my thoughts anonymously. It's no different from the human interactions that exist in real life. Would you be as willing and open to share a private story or experience of yours with some stranger you had known for less than 3 minutes? Same logic.

Other than that, if I've seen the user around GAG showing their a** and being verbally abusive for no legitimate reason, then I'm less likely to be interested in being too engaging or inviting with them thus the anonymous feature.

• maybe they're embarressed...
    or shy...

• They are afraid of be confronted for their actions. This is why they tend to ask stupid questions. They are also embarassed, or the question is personal so they ask anonymously. But the most important reason of all: Because they can.

• Because they're afraid of being judged

• Because they can?
    Why do you keep your profile private?

• To be able to post honest opinions without the fear of backlash.

• because fck u all