Does it matter which GaG Topics you choose to Follow/Unfollow?

In my case, I chose to unfollow the "Break up & Divorce" category because I feel that I don't have anything to contribute there and don't want to see these questions emerge in my feed. Yet, there are still "Break up & Divorce" questions showing up.

What details am I missing here? Does it take a day for changes to go into effect?

Most Helpful Guy

• You need to block a topic to not see posts from that topic. However, I do understand the misunderstanding there. There used to be "topics to follow" selection during sign up. But after a recent update that sign up step was eliminated so new users follow all the topics by default.
    Unfollowing a topic may replace the blocking in this new scenario. I will take this as a suggestion to our product team. Thanks for the feedback.

• Still, in your "My Feed" you shouldn't be seeing questions from Breakup & Divorce if you stopped following that topic. However, in Live Feed (which is the whole site feed) you'll see Breakup & Divorce (that's why you need to block that topic) In other sense, My Feed tab is all about follows (topics and users). A new update to the feed is on its way, in an attempt to simplify the use further.
      If you have any feedback, suggestions, please let me know. Thanks.

• Thanks, I managed to resolve this issue.

What Girls Said 2

• Nope, you can ask or comment on any category, it's just for the ones you want to show up on your feed

• You should block it not unfollow it.

What Guys Said 1

• no... but i don't understand y should i follow at least 1 topic :(