Why do you put pictures of yourself here?

... and then complain about people stalking you? What do you get from doing it?

Okay I probably should't have put the ellipses there. This question was meant to be about just putting pictures of yourself online in general. :)

Most Helpful Guy

• I take people who do not use their pictures less seriously. I sort of feel that people who do or have used their photo in the past makes their opinions a little more personal.

• I see where you're coming from. I guess by putting up a picture of yourself you would seem a bit more invested in the site to others.

• Yes, but after some creepy fucks who went too far ruined it I understand why some female users don't put up their pics anymore.

What Girls Said 11

• No one asked to be stalked.

• You missed the part where he said women have no rights and should always be objectified for showing their faces

• But surely you can just figure out it's going to happen anyway?

• @Damiandash312 👍

Asker yeah its the internet, it can happen but its not the person's fault.

• So if you show your face people have the right to stalk you? Then why going outside everyday if people can see your face and maybe catcall you? If you don't like it just hide yourself from the world!
    It's not our fault if people don't know how to be respectful. It starts from this and than becomes "why do you show your legs if you don't want someone to rape you?" -_-

• The question wasn't meant to be focused on that bit. I was trying to ask why anyone puts pictures of themselves online in general. I don't and I wanted to know why people like doing it.

• i dont complain. whenever id get that kind of attention it wouldn't complain.
    all id get annoyed from is how crude they can get, and that doesn't just happen to girls with pics.

• They are here to meet a hot guy.

• I'm not going on about girls in particular here. I wanted to know why people in general put pictures of themselves on social media and stuff.

• It doesn't matter. They would post a question how they fear for their life or how there are lots of creeps messaging them but they would still put a sexy pic up and leave their profile open for strangers to message them. If they are not going to protect themselves, it's on them. Creeps can't hurt anyone here except say F u biatch and suck my dick. They can't physically touch them.

• That's why I don't use a picture!

• Don't you have something better to whinge about? If a person wants to post a picture that's their own choice.

• You mean like profile pictures of the "How do I look?" posts?

• Well some of the more... revealing of both, yeah. Why can't people just put a normal picture up?

• Oh okay I got you.
      I heard some girls/guys do it in hopes of meeting a person here. Others do it for the attention, like they seek validation or approval from othet people :P

• soo.. all girls should start wearing masks? just because guys are creeps..

• I'm obviously not using a real picture of myself, but I think most people just don't care.

• I guess the stalker was simply not hot enough. Twilight vampire never got a complaint.

• None of your business.

What Guys Said 9

• 1|4
  • lol, I like this question.

• I'm confident about myself so why not?

• i1127.photobucket.com/.../...f.com-gif-maker_3.gif I use an AVI so people can have a face to put to the/my words... But I agree with you man LOL

• So that's what people do in facebook and other social media.. they stalk you because you have pictures...

• So it's womens' fault that basement dwellers are creepy ass mother fuckers? lol, faulty logic. Just lol.

• Okay forget about that. Imagine I'm asking you why you put your pictures online.

• I guess I'm cool with that. What about just the normal pictures that people put up? I mean, surely everyone who needs to know already knows who you are so why do people bother?

• Just to personalize things, hot people like to establish their hotness which its unfortunate the creeps have to ruin that fun for the rest of us lol.

• I just put them because I feel the need to get judged and rated by my looks. As for the stalkers, I hope they die in a boat accident.

• Attention whores and horn dogs do this here,

• good question. its completely pointless. attention whores and hrndogs is all i have to say.