"Comments for this opinion have been blocked!" what is this?

Someone mentioned me in opinion but when I tried to reply, I got this notification.

Is it because the opinion owner blocked the anonymous asker? Or something else?

Most Helpful Girl

• I know I'm late but just wanted to comment anyway, if the QA is anonymous and blocks the opinion owner or if the opinion owner blocks an anonymous QA, then it blocks ALL comments for that particular opinion. So you aren't blocked yourself, it's just that no one can comment on that opinion anymore.

Most Helpful Guy

• I think if the anonymous asker blocks a particular person from answering on that particular question, then opinions AND opinion comments are both blocked on that particular opinion.

What Girls Said 8

• The user blocked you.

• No. Then I'd get the notification "Not allowed to post. Either you blocked the user or the user has blocked you".

And fyi blocked users can post on anon posts.

• Whatever you say.

• When it happened to me, the anonymous asker was blocking me (the opinion owner) because she was having a hissy fit. She did this to a bunch of other people who didn't agree with her, and was largely extremely immature.

• But anonymous users can't block the person who didn't opine there. And I think they can't block anyone.

• Okay thanks :) I got it.
      Maybe I should try this in future. I've never asked anon question. And when I asked first time, people caught me haha.

• But you should be able to give your own opinion and use that to comment on the other one. Oh how tangled blocking can be.

• I just received the same message. On the same question. She must be individually blocking particular opinions on that thread from receiving anymore comments.

• What the? I've never had that. You've been blacklisted! Lolol

• When anonymous opinion giver blocks the asker, it blocks everyone else from commenting. :)

I have been doing this late when I didn't want anyone else to keep commenting on the thread.

• Hm, I never got that before. Can anons block too?

• Yeah the user was blocked most likely

• That's my question, the banana girl was getting all upset because she didn't like the question and seemed to think that was enough to have it removed. I blocked her as all she was doing was making noise and adding nothing. It meant no one could comment on her opinion.

• And I did the same for other people too. They just wanted to be angry and not answer the question so why have them rant on? I found their responses to be immature, don't care if they think it was immature of me to do so. Couldn't care less.

• Dont really understand what that's supposed to mean. I didn't want to hear any more from people who were contributing fuck all so I silenced them.

• I know. I know.
      Have an ice day 😉

What Guys Said 9

• I think so because I tried to defend someone who had been abused by asker and I think opinion owner had blocked asker but that also meant noone else could comment on opinion

• I met that a few times too.

• i think anons can choose which users can they block... no?

• I don't know but at least you know
    I wanna know how to find out if I've blocked

• I have no idea but it's annoying as hell.

• the puzzy blocked you.

• I suppose they've blocked you?
    Happened to me once

• I think, that person is really crazy😊

• Probably the opinion owner blocked you.

And I was able to upvote the opinion.

• yes then I think it's definitely the case that either you've blocked the owner or he/she has blocked you. You probably upvoted before the blocking or maybe GaG allows upvotes even after blocks.