Is telling someone to jump off the building considered antagonistic or offensive?

Or is it ok for people to write that to others to do that here? I reported this comment a while ago.

This comment hasn't been removed. But I reported the user for making offensive comments.

Most Helpful Guy

• It is an offensive comment, report an upsetting comment immeadiately. If you see an user with (m), (s), (u) or (a) beside their name online, they are moderators and you can ask them to hide comment immeadiately.

What Guys Said 11

• It's just sad to tell someone to jump off the bridge ( same as saying go kill yourself) It's not my thing to judge.. i believe words are exchanged cause there
    is reason behind all things..

• yeah... it's still an insult :)

• It's not OK to post it. Please keep reporting those posts. Thanks

• That is labeled as "antagonistic" and is hidden by moderators if they see the comment. They have to see the comment though.

• If the person wanted to know the easiest way to break their legs I'd tell them to jump off a building.

• That response was to something entirely else.

• No, more people should do that

• You think you can freely tell people off the bat by jumping off the building? You kidding me?

• No, I mean more people should jump off of buildings...

• (Nobody actually does it just because someone tell them too)

• I guess it depends on the height of the building lol.

You're not making any sense, please step off your deck.

• Hmmm... that's a gray area.

I would probably remove that post.

• someone told me to go kill myself. I laughed.

you people need to grow some balls you soft pieces of ulik.

if you take things seriously on the internet then you are stupid.

• depends on the context.

• Probably not okay to write something like that. If I told you to buy a rope, tie it around your neck, and then hang yourself in a room of juvenile inmates so they can treat your soon-to-be corpse like a pinata with their dicks as you die, there would be a justifiable reason for reporting the comment, in my mind. It's offensive and for someone who may be on the verge of suicide, for example, it would be a dangerous comment to make for their personal safety.

What Girls Said 4

• It is offensive!

• Understatement.
    It is not only antagonistic and offensive, but straight up disgusting that whoever said that was so self-absorbed and consumed in their need to bicker, argue, and fight that they mocked the deaths of people on 9/11 who had no choice but to "jump off the building" Smdh

• No it's not okay, if that person who's it been told to is actually in a depression and already thinks low of him/herself then he/he might actually do it
    Don't do it :/ don't say such things

• Offense can only be taken, it can't be given so telling someone to jump off a building is rude, but it isn't offensive unless the person being told chooses to take offense.

• I find people take offense to easily, and more often than not its women who take offense easily. It's pretty pathetic, people need to stop being so hyper sensitive and move on.

• Yourfuture, she wouldn't care to report it. :)

• No it wouldn't bother me. It's just your opinion, it doesn't mean anything to me. You are a stranger on the internet, your opinions of me do not affect me or bother me.