Why do people give terrible advice on here?

Most GaGers give terrible advice and only give short answers. Especially the gurus and masters who only care about xper points. Do you agree?

Thanks for the answers. You have changed my viewpoint. But I do think that more points should be given for MHOs.

Most Helpful Girl

• I totally agree about the rank being valued over the mho % and was just thinking about that last night. To me it doesn't mean shit of you have guru or master next to your name, that just means you have made a lot of opinions and asked questions. It doesn't mean you are a guru or have more helpful knowledge, but having a high mho % means your advice is actually being helpful and more useful than other people's.

I see many people leave pathetic answers, I don't even know why they bother to comment with such asinine bullshit.

• I've said it before that guru and master status should be given if you keep your mho % high, if it drops you lose it. Guru is incredibly misleading for those just joining the site.

And thanks for the mho ;)

• I really want to get my % up higher but I keep commenting on things knowing I won't get mho. Curse my own silliness!

What Girls Said 2

• Are you the same guy who always complains about this? XD

• No. This is the first time I have brought this up.

• Okay b/c the last dude was 18-24 and anonymous XD

Seriously though I think they've just seen enough posts that they can categorize them easily and give what they feel are the most effective answers. I doubt that they "only care about the xper" if they've been here that long. Maybe they just like the community?

• It depends on who the question asker wants to give it to.

I think you missed a big chunk of the useful MHO here. It's not always advice asked but insight wanted/needed.

• Thats what I mean. I mean advice, insights, viewpoints, answers. All of that.

• Sorry. I dont know a word to articulate all of those meanings. I meant to say why people give terrible advice, inisght, views, answers and so on to questions.

• I was just trying to make a point there :) since the Question asker also don't write clearly so others can't give a clearer answer but a short answer.

What Guys Said 7

• Cause I can and I don't get why people always think we just care about the points... 20 dollars really isn't anything compared to the time spent to get it...

• How do you see me as?

• There generally seems to be a large focus on xper points rather than giving helpful answers. I think there should be more focus on the MHO %

• Yes I agree they also should give out higher points for those as well

• I understand your frustration and I think I can relate this to some extent. People are not taking your questions seriously. Period. I don't really like it too, especially those that answer your question in a yes/ no short answer style (these unnecessary responses irk me time to time).

Some of my questions were treated like that too, I didn't include a poll, I didn't say to write a yes or no answer, I even emphasized at the end of the question that I prefer a detailed, long answer. But to no avail, some of the responses I received are a couple of lines with one/two emoticon (s). Not saying that, I do not treasure them but it just shows that you do not really respect the asker.

• I give short answers for few reasons. Not enough information given about the asked or situation , person wants to know yes or no, the answer is legal and is easy for me to define, or simply that I'm on here with my cellphone and the ads and my cursor keeps jumping so it makes it about impossible to type out a whole long retort.

• I think the real question is, if people give bad advice, why are you still here? lol

• Because I mainly give out advice and try to give helpful answers.

• It's ok dude. Everyone has different viewpoints and not everyone can get along. Don't let down votes from girls affect u.

• It's one of 5 girls... That shit gets annoying! Like someone walkin around following you tapping you on the shoulder.. Just mad cuz I embarrassed her probably... GET OVER IT!

• Sometimes the questions are just silly, so I'll admit I like to troll. It probably doesn't trigger anyone too hard.

• Because most of them dont care im not one of them