I want to leave GaG, but I don't want to at the same time?

All of my friends on here are leaving, and I really don't have anybody to talk to anymore. I feel like I'm bothering people on here when I message them. I feel hated sometimes on here because of my age, and I feel like I'm not being taken seriously. Also, I'm really sick of the offensive questions. They just make me sick sometimes. I don't know, sometimes being on here too much depresses me, and makes me feel really, really insecure, even when to try to ignore the questions. Stupid reason to be sad, I know, but oh well. That's teenagers for you.
But I've made a lot of friends on here, and I truly will miss them. I really don't know. Just a lot of well-known people have been dropping like flies lately. Has anybody else considered leaving?

I shouldn't have even posted this. I'm sorry.

Most Helpful Guy

0/2500

Send It!

What Guys Said 18

• oh no ya don't ! We've lost enough people as it is. And what would @Need4Speed do without you? He would just turn into a neutral NPC !

33.media.tumblr.com/.../...02zJfR1sxcftfo1_400.gif

I've never considered leaving because I'm not all that active but I have found something new to do

• :) I have his number.

• @ Asker can you also show him this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZ6G7qwjom4

(skip to 1:50)

@Xonen mmm. . . I kind of like the sound of that, ok. It's official, you're my new role model

• Okay. :)

• Well, that's a shame you want to leave for those reasons. You can see those immature and offensive statements on any website AND real life. Personally, I treat a teenager's answer just like any other answer.

Anyway, I have not considered leaving! This is one of my favorite websites to get on. It's so much better than its "rivals", such as Yahooanswers. com and Youthink. com. I truly feel like I'm in a community here and the site is organized so well.

• That's true. I just needed to vent.

• @Asker I understand your point. I love to vent myself. Personally, I think it's ridiculous people ignore the teenagers on this site, yet, act MORE immature than the teenagers themselves.

• Some of them do.

• I considered leaving last month, but the reason I stay is because I always end up meeting a nice person to talk to every now and then. However, I have no plans to leave but it could be sooner or later...

You could just have a little break from the site, you don't have to deactivate it. But it's your choice, though. But I don't hate you and I don't know anyone else on this site who does. You seem lovely.

• I really think your a awesome young lady and your MyTake
    really touched my heart to the point it made me cry but we
    can't force you to stay but tell you how big of a impact you
    make on people who really do care about you and you will
    always be remembered for that Wolf avatars i love Wolves
    they are my spirit guide :D :)

• Depressing? I guess you can try to not to take this site so seriously because it's made up of personalities from all over so ideas and outlooks come head to head but they don't represent the majority. Stick with your friends, they'll keep ya spirits up. :) A few older users do have superiority complexes and will sometimes look down on you for your age. I see it too and I've had the same thing happen to me when I was a teen on here but just know some do it out of insecurity.

• Thank you. I'm sorry for even posting this.

• Don't be sorry if you gotta vent then vent. Forget what people think.. beside this is an advice site :)

• You're right.

• My work here is done, Soon it will be just me Klaatu and the trolls only on gag

• I left for a few years, but back again! But everyone I used to know is gone now! O. o

• That's so sad. I'm sorry.

• It's all good!
      I actually dated someone I met on here for a little! Didn't work out! (Currently dating someone else!)
      But, back I am again!

• Oh good. I'm happy for you.

• gosh... y everybody's leavin lately?

anyway no i'll never leave... :)

• Which well knowns have deactivated?

• I'm not thinking of leaving because I already deactivated some previous accounts and I don't want to do that again but I am trying to not use this site as much as I do now...

• Yeah, I haven't seen you around that much anymore. :(

• Don't be down I don't want to leave permenantly at least not anytime soon and I like you around so hope you feel better...

• Thank you so much dude. I like you around too. :)

• It's because questions just aren't as active as before.

• *sigh* do what you want but don't drag other people into it if it's unnecessary. There will be plenty of people to replace you I am sorry to say so your absence will make NO difference.

• I just felt depressed. I considered leaving but I'm not. :P

• Good, be an example to others and don't repeat the same mistake. You are still young so it is understandable.

• Thank you. :)

• I understand how you feel, but please stay a bit longer. It feels like everyone is just running for the hills so. :(.

• I will, thank you...

• Yay. Since everyone is dropping like flies us good members need to band up to keep this blog alive. :'(.

• who were your friends that left?

• Mistninja and a few others. I feel hated here, so I'm thinking about deactivating my account.

• I think everybody is considering leaving tbh

• I know.

• But you shouldn't leave.
      You can find new people.
      Unless GAG is really negatively affecting you, we can keep going

• I know, I probably need a break.

• you feel hated because of your age.
    topkek.

• Sorry but I have no idea what that means.

• topkek = lol
      and part of your leaving is your age because no one takes you seriously, ik thats kinda what the site's about but i'm 14 and never get taken seriously unless 1 thread about this 30 year old guy, although i only joined yesterday. i personally would either take a break or just stay, life's like that, people come and go not really anything you can do about it

• Ohhh lol. I see.

• Yes I am considering too, but after few weeks

• "and I really don't have anybody to talk to anymore"

how can that be? your boyfriend is on the site if i recall. Like... when i have a girl in my life... that girl is usually all i need. So i don't understand why he isn't enough attention for you. You STILL want more attention on top of that?

• He is but he's never on. It's good having him.

• Well if you're asking me honestly... that would be preferable, yeah. Currently, you're getting more attention than most users of your age on here that I know of. Hardly any 16 year old GaG'er can boast that they are a mod + have their significant other on here + have as many followers/fans as you already do. So when you still complain that you aren't getting enough attention, it comes off a conceited to me... if im being quite honest with you..

• Quite honestly, I'm not conceited. I hate myself to be completely honest. Sorry for even posting this. I'd delete it if I could.

What Girls Said 9

• yeah <33333

it can be pretty rough. I think the community is... harmful, basically. Do you have some other kind of social media? facebook or twitter or something? Maybe you can exchange contact info with your friends before you ditch the place. I think your life will be better for it, honestly.

It makes me sad to say that, I do care about this place, and its admin team tries very hard. But it is what it is. Girlsaskguys is a negative experience.

• I'm so sick and tired of the negative questions. Plus nobody really pays me any attention.

• I agree.

• Yeah, you know what I mean.

• I understand. There's just so much negativity on here, and I feel myself feeding into it more and more. GaG is definitely not a good site to visit so regularly, you can feel your happiness being sucked from you every time you see negative and rude/offensive questions.
    Honestly for the past couple of months, I've basically been asking myself over and over if I should just quit and leave. I've just been kind of tired of GaG lately, not only because of the negativity, but also because of the repetitiveness of the questions. It's becoming boring. A drain. I really can't see myself staying for much longer. So I totally get it if you want to leave.

• Yeah, heh... my faith in humanity is declining quickly.

• Yeah, you're right.

• This site clearly needs more controversial questions that are popular and people actually comment to each other. That's what made this site entertaining, but now that "commented on" events are not indicated on the feeds, every question dies as soon as it's posted.

• If you really feel like you need to go, then you should. But I don't think people hate you here. I certainly don't. I think you're an intelligent, sweet, beautiful girl with lots to say that people want/need to hear.

• Thank you.

• Gag has become negative, I guess. That's why everybody is leaving.

• I mean no one really knows the real reasons that people are leaving. This site is what you make it. Yes it does get annoying to keep seeing hateful questions and answers, but that's life.

• But that's just it... You have to stay and state your opinion and give advice. You're right some of them don't take us seriously but I'm not backing down. We can't just give in we have to represent all of us minors and take a stand because we have just as much right to this site as the adults.

I know it's unfortunate that many members are leaving but if you leave then

• Yeah, I'm getting really tired of the disrespectful takes and questions.

• So you'll stay? 😊

I know what you're going through it's okay to take breaks from the site I do it all the time for a few weeks sometimes a month... Whatever you do just don't delete you account and if you need to talk feel free to message me.

• :) I'll try to...

• It's up to you, follow your heart.
    I don't plan to leave any time soon.

• That's good. I'll stay as long as I can.

• Lol. Sounds like you need a break.

• *Sigh* Why is everyone planning on leaving?

• Nopes, I'm new here
    I'll be staying for a while

• You can messege me πŸ˜‰