Why are there so many rude people on GAG?

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 28

• GaG is fairly vanilla relative to other web forums. You get a decent crop of racists, sexists, and lewd creeps lurking in the shadows, but beyond that it can't compare to more populated sites like Reddit.

With Reddit you get trolling that is intellectually spurious because of the heavy moderating attempting to keep the peace. Being smart and having an opinion makes you a target. That's okay, if you're equipped to defend yourself.

The trolls here are stupid and seem to not even try to be clever. How can one honor their sad attempts at trolling? Impossible.

But if you're looking for a general answer, people are more open on the internet.

• Pessimistic people who hate life tend to be alone more often than average.

The Internet is a loner's best friend!

• I can think of a few reasons.

1) They don't have a whole lot of confidence or self-esteem, so rather than seek help, they spread the misery.

2) They don't have enough confidence in what they believe to be able to defend it logically and clearly. They think it should be perfectly obvious to everyone that their way of thinking is the right, if not the only way. They can't conceive of someone not only disagreeing with them, but having valid reasons for it.

3) We live in a VERY autonomous society. People want validation for things, but they don't get it, so then they react the only way that they know how to.

4) Pretty obvious, but anonymity. They don't have to answer for what they've said. No one on the forum knows someone's real name and no one outside the forum cares (I use "forum" generically because people being rude is rampant all over the internet, not just on GAG).

• Because this world full of ass holes. I called born to be an ass hole! Rude just thier way treat other people, I was wondering did they treat thierself that way too?

• Everyone feels that since its the interner it doesn't matter how they act like they won't get punished for it so they just wana mess around with people, mostly as anon

• GAG has LESS rude people than most sites... trust me

• Oh wow, I didn't know that. I definitely, don't want to be part of other forums/communities, lol!

• like which sites?

• BECAUSE
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/A8aCtGnCYAAz4nl.jpg

Hiding behind an avatar gives you the ultimate power of anonymity and people just feel free to throw shit at each other.

• “Complaining does not work as a strategy. We all have finite time and energy. Any time we spend whining is unlikely to help us achieve our goals. And it won't make us happier.”
    ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture

• They are not working a lot

• It's not the greatest forum/website ever I am part of a few that are far better, but this isn't the worse place I've been to and is actually pretty decent compared to the vast majority of places you could go to on the internet.

• But you know that's just life working alone side tons of different people at my job I can tell you some people are nice, some people lose their temper quite easily and some of just plain demented/rude. I've even had one women try to go after my job and get fired just because she didn't read the painfully obvious sign posted on our front door saying we were only open to so and so time that day.

• There are some decent people here, but there's also as much rude people and perverted as some of the nice ones.

• everybody is rude on the internet because there is no social pressure to behave.
    also i didn´t experience so many rude people on here to be honest.

• i just mean so many people are passive aggressive and don't just say their opinions they shove them down everyone's throat

• everybody is kind of entitled to his own opinion. it´s very common to assume to have the superior intelligence in a conversation (especially the case for formally bad educated or unintelligent people). therefore most people don´t care to learn and understand the other persons opinion... why would they, if they assume theirs is the "better" one.

• Hiding behind the anonymity gives a lot of boldness to people, making them blunt and rude. I too would probably never had said some of the things in reality that i have said on internet.
    But again, it's not such a bad thing. But in limit.

As Mark Twain said : 'Too much of anything is bad, but too much good whiskey is barely enough.'

• Welcome to the Internet
    Welcome to life :)

• i agree with the internet part, but not life. in life most people are fine.

• @xnicholemariex3

• Basically what happened. -_-

• "Why you gotta be so rudee... don't know you know I'm human too"

• no, there are many cool persons here basically.
    if you think the person are rude because they are saying you are against your thoughts then all of us are rude but if you ignore what you don't like then you will the peace :-)

• no i just mean so many people are passive aggressive and don't just say their opinions they shove them down everyone's throat

• yes, i have observed that some people are so harsh in giving opinion. i don't why they can't give a opinion in a cool way. i think better to leave them alone then you can live happy :-)
      don't be a bad person with bad person because it will keep you in bad place and sometimes silence make peace and some times peace make silence.

• i hope it helps you :-)

• Because there's a lot of thick prats on here.

• when I first joined I expected people to be more rude

• The internet is kind of a free space for a lot more rude behavior it's just whatever

• depends, i reckon people here give as they get lol.

• I'll take care of them or unless you mean me...

• well you're not rude but you've said some pretty sexist things

• i think you're misguided. but carry on, don't mind silly old me

• I'll keep that in mind.

• I all most found here decent n gentle person.
    See other sites like "friendslife" very rude n nude.

• As compared to other sites people on GaG are angels.

• am i rude?

• horny community hahahha

• Bcoz internet works according to American constitution.

• Cuz most of y'all are stupid or a little lame in the membrane http://oi57.tinypic.com/33msnbc.jpg

What Girls Said 13

• Well, there are rude people all over the internet, and in real life, unfortunately. Not everyone are going to be understanding, compassionate, or empathetic. It's something that should be expected, especially when someone comes online. You can't really control what other people say/do, all you can control is your reactions to it. Don't let those rude people get to you. Just ignore them or, if they're really harassing you or being offensive, you can block them or report their comments.

• Because it's the Internet, they can hide behind a keyboard and type anything they want to or think is funny.

• Because it's easier to be honest on the internet than it is in real life.
    You get people on here that are full of shit. E. g, ones that say they only care about personality.
    You get honest people. Like me 💁
    Then you get people that are just rude because it's funny, or just to get a reaction. This is kinda me too 😂😂

• I have seen so much worse.

• You know what they say, there are so many rude people everywhere.
    Screw those rude people 😠, that's all I have to say.

• Because a lot of people are rude in general, why would the internet be any different lol

• there is no reason of why there's so many people who are rude. you just honestly learn to ignore the little bitter bastards and go on.

• I've had the opposite experience. Most people here are very kind.

• That's cuz your the prettiest flower in the garden lol but I can only imagine how kind they'd be if you were a thorn berry bush

• Their parents didn't raise them right

• Because there is a greater amount of stupid people.

• They have no life

• GAG attracts the angry, the delusional, the bitter and the ignorant.

• They have encountered so many bad things in their lives so they lash out here.