Do admins only look who's behind anonymous if it's necessary?

• Yes
  • No
  • I don't know

Most Helpful Guy

• yes, if necessary... which is why you should be more mindful of what you choose to do while "anonymous"

What Guys Said 6

• If admins would look who is what Anon, then they will be breaking the law. They will be invading someone's privacy without their written concent. I think it does state in ToS about it.

• Yes, most likely they do someones got to ahahaha

• I would hope so depending on the nature of what was posted.

• Yes, they do not see the same screen that you do. They see how you posted and they also see your screen name and IP address. The screen for account by IP automatically, as well. This is so they can see if you have multiple accounts.

• So you're saying they see people's usernames the entire time, not just when necessary, like when someone broke the rules?

• not so. it may not work in "some" cases, but it usually works. From the standpoint of a company or a government agency, if they can link activity by IP then they have more than they had without linking to the IP Remember, they aren't proving anything in a court f law, they are profiling people and households..

• Look at this article (and this was 2 years ago) to get an idea of some of the things going on. www.npr.org/.../your-digital-trail-and-how-it-can-be-used-against-you

• Kinda creepy how admins can see all your anon questions and your trollage. IDGAF tho.

• No. They just clean see straight through it.

'It necessary' they read your private messages. Or if they feel like it.

What Girls Said 5

• I'm don't think they see "anonymous", they just see the person's name all the time, so they can quickly remove any questions that break the rules. They can then recall users who post a lot of anonymous posts that cause offence or break the rules. It's purely for moderation purposes.

Admins are paid employees of GAG that uphold professionalism at all times. They will respect your privacy and not share any of your information so going anonymous is still safe! (y)

• I have no idea.

• I don't know about this, but if the admins are able to see through the anon whether or not its necessary, I find that its defeating the purpose of being anon and I personally will feel awkward asking personal questions even tho I know I'm anon to the rest of the users, but not the admins.

• That's the way it should be. Only the admin's would know for sure.

• I have no idea but it freaks me out a little.