Do you think there should be an option of hiding anonymous users?

I like that you can not allow them on questions but I get sick of seeing a feed full of anon. It would be nice to have an option to hide them. What do you think?

Most Helpful Girl

• It doesn't really bother me. This is why I've blocked sexual behaviour and sexual health. Too many creepy anon questions.

• I can totally see that. I am more so referring to the people that just ask off the wall questions that really don't need to be anon, or really on this site but the wanted to ask lol.
      I didn't know you could block certain subjects, good to know :-)

What Guys Said 9

• for individual users, perhaps it would be nice but then again if the GaG team looks at the bigger picture, they want everyone to not miss out on anything part of GaG, to continue expanding its "whatever" lol.

• Oh sod it!! I've hidden myself and now I can't find me. I'm lost... Heelppppppp!!

• Yes, but I think they should hide the age altogether.

• I think there should be an option in the settings to hide your age. But only for people over 18. We need to know who's under 18 in case they ask questions about sex. They're only allowed to ask sexual health questions anyways.

• I agree with this. I would answer a 17 year old a lot different then a 13 or 12 year old

• I've seen 18+ people on here who are very ignorant about sex too, though.

• I suppose just ignore questions you don't like.

• Oh I do, I was just thinking it would be an easy option. You only have to use it if you want to

• Yes, you should be able to ask a question and hide anonymous
    from answering.. i never go anonymous much, unless it's a sensitive question.

• It's a nice idea... but that would alienate too many users because the asking anonymous feature is so popular.

The admins of GaG want to force us all to play along. :)

• I don't want to get rid of anon. I'm more thinking to make it an option like when you choose age. The drop down would have and all users option, anons, no anons and depending on what you wanted to see, you could pick an option

• It is their choice to do that. :-/

• Alienating the anonymous activity on here is a bad business move for GaG.

• hmmm this is impossible i'm afraid

• As long as it doesn't lead to GaG implementing all sorts of 'special-snowflake' filters I can agree.

But I'm all for the anonymous question feature since you really don't want to share everything under an identity.

• What's a snowflake? And I don't want to get rid of anon, just put a button at the top of the feed that would filter them out when I don't want to see them. Then if I want to check them out I can unclick. Kinda like how you can choose an age

• Well then maybe they should think about it before they go anon on what color shoes do you like or do you like marshmallows? Those are the kind I don't want to see

• Hah, fair point!

• People like to judge and don't like to be judged you know so the ANONYMOUS thing is refreshing. It gives a freeddom of speech with out the consequence you know it s a great feature

• I am not saying to get rid of the feature, just to give me the ability to choose whether I see it or not. I scan the feed and get sick of seeing anon after anon asking mundane boring questions about nothing. But thats me. That is why if there was a button, you would be able to see them, I would click the button and not have to.
      Everyone happy :-)

• Oh OK I get you

What Girls Said 6

• You could make the suggestion via contact to the admins but I wouldn't hold my breath.

Anonymous users don't really bother me. They are what they are.

• Agreed, I just thought an option or button would be nice so on the days where all the anons are asking strange or off the wall questions I could hide it for a bit, then unclick it later and see whats going on. Thanks for the suggestion :-)

• LOL! I know *exactly* what you mean. E. X. A. C. T. L. Y. You could try hiding the gender or age range. Sometimes that helps.

• Some people who ask anonymously, post things that are personal**, and they want to be helped. Therefore, it's unfair to hide anonymous users from the feed. Same goes to anonymous opinion posts. People answer embarrassing questions sometimes and they don't feel comfortable with others knowing their opinion but they want to earn xper, so they post anon.
    I never allow anonymous posts in my questions because anonymous opinion posts are usually antagonistic or offensive. I'm glad there is the feature to block anonymous posts in our questions because of that. Hiding anon questions from the feed, though, just seems to be so unfair.

• I should post an update. I am suggesting that there be an option to hide them, not get rid of them. On the tab the has your personal feed, create a button that gives the option to hide them. Then if you want to have a look you can either click the site feed or unclick the button that hid them

• Agree. It's like: DON'T HIDE, COME OVER HERE AND LET ME SEE YOUR USERNAME lol

• I can understand when people don't want to ask embarrassing questions but it seems to be ridiculous now. MOre anon questions then user questions.

• Yeah, I know :P many questions are not that embarrassing.

• You could change your feed to only see the feed of people you follow.. then you won't see anon feed either.

• You'll still see anons though if any of those people went anon.

• WHoops meant thanks @menguc

• @menguc: Thanks! I must have been looking at the My Feed page only.

• Ignore responses that you don't like. This shouldn't be a big issue.

• Or Anon posts in general.

• @Prof_Don it clogs my feed. I don't see the point in hiding behind anon in "how do I get abs like this" or " do you like peanut butter" I understand when its a question that will attract creeps or is embarrassing but come on. Seems like everybody goes anon.

• Some people want the extra veil of anonymity, especially on the wild wild internet. Gotta be safe!

I truly believe there are users who make a profile, and post everything anonymous.

Not everyone wants to be known by user name here.

• Anons post interesting questions too. If you block them you could miss out