Should we be able to see who upvotes/downvotes?

Should we be able to see who upvotes and downvotes on this site? Like on Facebook.

I think this would stop people doing it for the sake of it and cause less drama.

• yes we should know
  • no- keep it anonymous

Most Helpful Girl

• I could see more feuds happening because of this.
    I like it the way it is.

• I don't think people will vote as much so there might be less dramas.

• I thought you were gonna say because of this I think they should make the change lol

What Girls Said 11

• lol if we're trying to stop people from doing it then wouldn't the better suggestion just be to get rid of it altogether?
    anyway i dunno iv never used it that much. some people LOVE it tho, like wow... u can get down voted on ur favourite colour.

• That could be one option, but I don't think it's a problem that people vote, it's just sometimes they target people, they should make it like Facebook.

• I don't care either way, but I wanted to add that apparently the point of the votes is to help the site/community choose a MHO if the asker doesn't choose one. But when is the last time this actually happened?

• I think that happens automatically, but I don't v see why every question needs a mh.

• I agree. A lot of the questions I see here are more of a "how many agree/feel this way" thing. If you want quantity, than quality is not relevant.

• no- keep it anonymous

• No because that's the good thing about it. If I don't like what some burp head has to say about this curvy girl's physique then I can down vote him without the fear that he's going to come after me and mug me. Just saying. But maybe we could make the up votes non-anonymous. I think that'd be cool.

• That's being a coward though.

• No cause it would just cause a bunch of negativity when people down vote your shit like people are already brutal enough you down vote their shit and they will murder you with words ain't nobody got time for those internet psychos

• People will think twice before voting I think, u don't people get angry unless they're unfairly downvoted.

• Someone is in gag all day long and everyday...

Ocd.

• Yes we should! I get really curious about who up voted me and who down voted me.

• I don't really give a fuck about downvotes/upvotes

• Well , Maybe you should.

• No, keep it anon. Because of trolling

• That's what attracts troll , the anonymous factor.

• That happens now anyway.

• Lolz itll get worse then

• No, it would cause more drama than their already is. The same thing happened on g+.

• There is enough drama on this site.

• I think there would be less because people won't vote as much

• Is there some sort of negative repercussion if an opinion gets down-voted a lot?

• People then start accusing others from what I seen.

What Guys Said 16

• There are individuals who get off on going through a bunch of opinions and down voting everyone. If they could be identified, many would go find somewhere else to play. I have never liked the strike and run away method those people use.

• I don't think they would do it if they could be seen.

• While I agree that most would not, there are still some on here who would.

• I don't think it would change anything, really.

• If I have something to say, I'll say it and if they disagree with it, then they can downvote me all they want or comment on my opinion. Either way, it shouldn't really even matter

• I like it being anon - It would just become another way to tag your friends.

• nah... we'd end up fightin all together 8)

• I don't think so, people will do it less.

• @hollywoodglam basically if this happened many people would chicken out downvotin each other i believe... ;)

• Ahahaha, they would chicken out! :D
      Well said 👏

• Worst type of people I find on GAG are the anonymous downvoters. They down vote and they have absolutely no reason to say why they are down voting. The least you can do is give an anonymous explanation.

• Everyone is an anonymous downvotes , that's why I think this will Change it.

• You can't make comments anon anymore, unless you set everything to anon, and you can't @mention if your anon, so there really isn't a way to explain the downvotes anonymously.

@asker I think he mean the people who don't actually contribute to the question they just go and downvote whoever for the sheer fu** of it.

• @DragonFly6516 got my point exactly. And they downvote for the sheer reason that they can be anon.

• In a way yes I do wanna see it. Also no. It's kinda like you really want to know, but you know it could end in a fight

• It would create war lol people would fight more than they already do

• No.
    People would 'downvote out of vengeance' or report or who knows what else.
    Don't assume everyone acts rational.

• if you did that, people just wouldn't use the voting function.

• I think people would be more responsible with who they vote for.

• I like it the way it is to be honest. I'm not bothered about downvotes although i know some people get annoyed if there's a massive spree of it. I think it might cause more problems if it were known who was doing it.

• not saying that it won't be nice to see who voted, but keeping it anon is better so there will be less fighting.

• That seems like excessive information

• Guy who is anon doesn't want other people to be anon :/

• Yes, so they can later block me for downing all their opinions.

• No, not necessarily but I do think that if you do up vote or downvote that you should be forced to explain why you did

• I agree too, way too much sleep has been lost for some.