Do you think there should be an option to not allow comments in your opinion?

I'm aware of the opinion comment block but it's only available if the QA is anonymous. I hate it when I give my my opinion and people try to argue with me, be rude, act offended, or make me look stupid through the comments. I'm not used to arguing with strangers over the internet, to be honest, I never wanted to go through an argument over the internet. Now that I joined this site, things like that easily happened, thus, I kind of regret why I joined.
I wish there was a feature that lets us choose if we want comments in our opinion or not. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying to get rid of opinion comments entirely, what I mean is you have the option if you want comments in your opinion or not.

For example here I wrote my honest opinion, I didn't write it to 'please' anybody.
http://i.imgur.com/uLDSlf3.jpg
A girl tried to argue with me and tried to make me look stupid.
http://i.imgur.com/51d6x4P.jpg

Most Helpful Guy

What Guys Said 7

• That is not what this site is for
    What you want is a MyTake. but people still get to comment. that is what this website is all about.

• not at all... find it pointless tbh

• So you find it okay for people to argue with you or hate on you by commenting on your opinion?

• at least they cannot comment anonymously... so :p

• No, I don't think there should be such an option. -_-

• Whats the point of putting an opinion if u dont get any feedback?

• Read the last part of my question, so that I won't have to repeat myself.

• I'm okay with just sharing my opinion. It's better than having a chance of receiving a bunch of negative comments under my opinion.

• I don't know... that just seems like a waste of time to me but ok. usually when u share on opinion, u want it to come out on top and be right about what ure saying. people will give u criticism about it but if what u think about a certain topic is true then all those negative comments will mean shit.

• Comments on comments is fine for me.

• I agree with you!

• Thanks

• np. It's usually someone wanting to be combative rather than constructive and sometimes I just can't be arsed with them, I don't want them to have the opportunity to get all up in my shit! lol. So yeah, you should have the option to block comments on your opinion if you want!

• Yeah, but only if the QA doesn't go anonymous. It's not fair for the qa to go anonymous and then not allow comments

• How is it unfair?

• It's not about the QA, it's about the opinion owner not wanting opinion comments.

• I'm just sayin'

What Girls Said 4

• If some one says something that I feel I can't answer or respond to without instigating an argument I just leave it alone. No comment at all and let them stew. Those people are hoping for a response and by not giving one you win :-)

• Smart idea!👍That's what I will be doing.

• No, just like you are allowed to write honest opinions that don't 'please' anybody, they are allowed to write honest comments that don't 'please' anybody, including you.

• No. I don't see how that would help. We should encourage healthy discussion instead of trying to limit it.

• Lol, with the idiots around, I don't see how 'healthy' discussion is possible.

• i dont think so.