GAG STRIKE - who's in?

Hey fellow GAGers, so as some of you know GAG has raised the minimum xper for Amazon giftcards from 5000 to 7000

They have also reduced the xper people get meaning it'll be hard to earn that 7k. Therefore we (@Iron_Man @Klaatu51 and me) have decided to do a GAG strike

We want justice! Who's in?

Most Helpful Guy

• I just don't understand that when the site was smaller they offered more xper and cheaper rewards and now that it's a larger business they offer less? Unless there's way too many users that make bank off the system that they're losing money.. This is a successful site that's branching into many different languages so I doubt it.. That's the beauty of a small business though they care more about their customers that frequent their business. Their business is fragile so they need to accommodate people more. As soon as it gets larger then it's self sustaining and they don't need to do that anymore.

They obviously have some good marketing and financial advisers this site now. They pretty much promote takes that they know will be click bait which are usually controversial subjects rather than things that actually help people. It's starting to turn into BuzzFeed 2.0. I'll bet they bring in fun interactive quizzes to test personality and other such shit soon.

Anyway I miss the old days on the website to be honest. I've been using this site less and less for this reason. I'll probably leave at some point in the near future. I just wish that meant something by someone leaving who has been here for 4-5 years but it doesn't.

• I know what you mean. The maker is making a lot so no doubt about the site losing money. But yeah I get what you mean. I liked the old site better

• I agree, when I started I was active almost every day. And now I only log in once or twice a week, answer a few questions a day. Now I will probably stop altogether. I had almost reached the 5000 points, with only about 15 points to go. But now I need 7000 points for the Amazon Gift card. It's just not worth it any more.
      I also miss the chat, it really kept it interactive with the other users. Since they lost the chat I haven't spoken to other users any more. It's a shame

• @Scoopie agreed :(

What Guys Said 42

• 1. Little princess Amazon gift cards are a privilege not a right :)
    2. The idea of GAG is to get people opine more while getting more members into the fold
    3. They are quite justified with what they do
    4. They can & should be allowed to get away if they stop Amazon cards altogether :)
    5. Going on a GAG strike will only lower your hard earned Xpers further cause you have abstained from logging in :)
    6. I'd rather that, if you want to collect people to write together to the admin citing your displeasure with this situation. GAG is a user friendly site and end of the day members are what make GAG :) The young generation mustn't resort to negative approaches like blackouts and strikes :)

• That's just dumb, they don't have to give anything away if they don't want to and I remember Klaatu51 saying he got a $20 gift card every other day basically. Dude needs to get a life, sorry dude just being honest, there's a whole world out for you to explore and things to do.

• Sorry but i would rather spend my time here...

• Its up to him if he wants to be here or not. He does have a life. If you don't know anyone then don't just make assumptions!

• I'm not here for the gift-cards, I'm here to help others and to pass the time, the giftcards are just an added bonus that most sites like G@G don't even offer.
    http://cdn.meme.am/instances/500x/54981358.jpg

• So a strike? Does that mean that until they lower the minimum back down, you and all the others will not post on here. And since they will not lower it you will never post again? It will be interesting to see who sticks with that, starting with @Klaatu51. I don't even think he sleeps. lol

• Lmao yes lol

• Oh he does but Klaatu dear is a vampire ;)

• I am afraid i 'm responsible for this... : (

• Nope you're not :)
      GAG is being stingy

• Menguc explained the reasons for the increase here. www.girlsaskguys.com/.../q1521415-xper-for-amazon-cards-have-been-raised-again

And no, it's not your fault Klaatu. It was just a lot of different factors.

• sorry but in my opinion that´s stupid. you should be thankful that there even is such a reward for you just having fun... this site is not your payd job it´s a recreational activity.

• Yes but again we spend a lot of time on GAG, yes people come on here out of their own choice. But thanks to those people the Maker of GAG has made a lot. Yes we are thankful for the rewards. But raising it to 7k is ridiculous

• 5|0
  • Count me in 100 percent

• Awesome :)

• Will do :)

• Thanks I look forward to hearing from you soon

• Don't care. I will continue doing what I do.

• Klaatu ain't never gonna commit to this shit bahhaaa

• I'm game..

• Wait, people actually redeem their points? Good lord, it's a website where you just whine and ask people to rate you. Be glad you can get anything.

• Precisely. Emotionally bloveating about a freebie like this is rather laughable. :-P

• WTF!!! AGAIN?

• Yep this time to 7000 :o

• Of course I'm bummed about the XPer rating increasing... But the card was a complete freebie us users get for using a FREE service (GirlsAskGuys. com)

There has to be economic reasons why the increase had to be done, it was either this or get rid of it entirely (which is even worse ).

P. S. I understand the dismay but a "strike" is just silly. We aren't working for a wage here, we are given something for free, using a free service. Plus us as users aren't exactly non-replacable.

• They did it last year too, when they raised it from 4000 to 5000 points.
    I was planning to ask a voucher next week :-p

• I'm down. So disappointed.

• Ehh the whole giftcard thing is not the reason I joined the site to begin with nor is it the reason I actually answer stuff. So I think I'll pass on the strike.

• Haha basically I'm not a spender of XPer points... I'm just here for fun.
    So I feel with you but as long as I have nice interactions on here it won't make me unhappy :D

• Meh, we're not giving professional advice here, why should they give out anything.

• should've cashed in sooner. In the back in my mind, i was worrying that this may happen, but i didn't think it likely. Boy was i wrong -_-

• I kinda regret not redeeming when it was still 5k.

• As I do not spend too much time on this hard, it is hard to:
    - Make me relate to your problem (I now have less than 950 Xper :D ) hahahahaha
    - My effect is insignificant (strike or no strike)

• Awwh :(

• WITH my insignificant effect.
      But on the other hand you are going for that 7k Xper (sooooooooooo... drop the strike?).

• Huh?

• you sound like a g@g amazon digger

• LOL I'm just disappointed it means having to be even more active. No more pens :(

• yeah it sucks

• I am definitely in. I'm lucky enough to have cashed in my XP, just this last Saturday

• I know :)

But I cashed in yesterday so not sure if it'll work

• I dunno about a strike, but I really should've gotten a card when I could...

• Lol a lot of people are saying that now

• How did they reduce experience?

• WHAT? It should be 4000 xper point if you ask me.. I want them Amazon cards. That's all the motivation really. Yeah yeah downvotes.

• Sooooo how does this strike work?

• Hmm like not coming on GAG until this is fixed

• @girlscoutsrevenge maybe tomorrow?

• I agree, it would be a symbolic strike to gain attention, it wouldn't actually make a difference if we all just went.

• Nooooooo I was so close to 5000 ahh lol

• I am in support of strike.

• More from Guys
    12

What Girls Said 21

• It sucks but it's actually still amazing to think that you can get that kind of reward just for answering questions. This site is under no obligation to give anything to us so I think I'm just happy that there are rewards even if we need to work harder.

• What, from 5000 to 7000? Fuck that, I was just thinking the other day I was gonna check out and leave but thought no, best just get to 5000 and get my gift card first, but screw that.

I'm in...

• Why do they keep raising everything? So dang annoying gahhhhh

• And reducing the xper people earn. So now you have 1 xper for answering a question. 50 for promoted my takes

• Omg are you serious? I remember back in 2011-2012 every question for answered was 3 points. Makes me consider leaving this site. It's nice to get rewarded for helping others but to keep raising it just so you stay longer just takes more time and effort. I can see why so many left. Debating myself

• Yeah I know I joined in 2012 and it was 3 xper back then and 4k for the Amazon card. Yeah I feel the same :(

• Nah, GaG doesn't owe us anything.

• Are you cooked?

Have you read the interview conducted with the founder of this site?

We, the people are the ones who truly run this site. If it weren't for us, GAG wouldn't be where it is now.

They are even placing advertisments on this site which means they are gaining income through us being the users of GAG.

The founder of this site stated that they have an obligation to 'GIVE BACK' for the continuous efforts for many gaggers.

• @QooLipBite so what if they earn money through ads? Nobody is forcing you to be here. And it's not like they took away all the rewards entirely, they just made it slightly more difficult to gain those rewards.
      People should be here because it's fun, because they want to be helpful and because they want to kill time. Not for the amazon gift cards. Plenty of forums are like GaG, yet they have no rewards for their users. The gift cards are a privilege given to those who are active enough, you're not entitled to them. GaG is a free site, they don't owe you shit. If you can't handle that, leave.

• Count me in !

• Will this be selected as a popular post by admin? It should be !

• Probably not as it means they have to reduce the xper back

• I don't know if you noticed... the post "GAG STRIKE - who's out?" was selected as a popular post... i smell a rat

• Lol yes I just noticed the flame icon on my question

• are they facing cash flow issue?
    i am surprised by the change..5 to 7 is too wide
    glad that i no longer a regular

• count me in?

• I AM IN! THEY CAN'T RAISE IT UP BY 2000 ALL OF A SUDDEN

• I will never achieve the 7k, so I don't have a problem with this. 😂 But I think they reduced the xper because you get more money, so I think it's fair. :-?

• Not really some people who are always on here get a lot of the cards. Takes me ages to get a card lol

• You still get one. 😎😂 Can't you keep it for later and use it when you have more cards?

• Yeah I'm gonna start doing that

• Are you SERIOUS? That's Machiavellan!!!

• I don't live in the US so I wasn't gonna get a gift card anyways.

• So what exactly is it you or we are going to do.

• Gonna write a letter to the Admins

• I say we compromise and drop it to 3000 so everyone's happy

😄

• Would be cool but I doubt that would happen lol

• What does this gag strike consist of?

• Writing a letter to the admins to lower the xper redeem price

• So wait they raised the xper points for gift cards again? I guess I missed the memo I don't get on often but I'm totally in. You should do a petition and have everyone sign it. Lol maybe that will work.

• Good luck! hopefully many people will participate so justice is served.

• This site is their toilet to piss in. They can take any kind of shit in their toilet.

• I'm out of this.

• Wait, we get Amazon gift cards? I'm so new to this.

• Yep and a few other rewards :)

• Why don't you get a job so you can afford whatever shit you want from Amazon?

• Ah what a great way to reveal the users who only care about Xper and gift cards.

• Lol the Amazon card is a bonus for those who shop on Amazon a lot. And yeah some people like the Amazon gift cards but that doesn't mean they are here only for that. They've made a lot of friends on here too. Its just a shame that the xper keep being raised

• It's not a shame nor is it surprising. The site has become all about quick posts and short answers now. And the more people prove that they're willing to spend time racking up Xper, the more expensive the rewards are going to be.