GAG STRIKE - who's out?

I'm not here for the gift-cards, their just an added bonus for helping others and passing time, so I'm out of the strike and staying netural. In my opinion tho's who leave G@G over the gift cards being raised is proof that the giftcards where the driving force for them being on G@G.

• I'm taking part of the G@G strike
  • I'm not taking part of the G@G strike

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm not part of the strike, and I think it's stupid if people are leaving just because of that. It's not a big deal just earn more points and problem solved. I never gotten a gift card because I'm always featuring my questions ahaha

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't know why people find 20 dollars so amazing. With the time spent required to make that xper point you can get way more money doing something else.

What Girls Said 25

• I love helping people and that is why I originally joined.
    It took months later for me to realize that giftcards were being given.
    I was very active and here pretty much every day.

Honestly, if It weren't for the giftcards I would have probably left a while ago (sad to say).
    I've been here for 6 years and often times this site becomes repetitive.

• I joined this website, just to help people, be helped and be a part of the community. For a large amount of time I was on here, I didn't even know about the fact you could donate or get gift cards but I actually wanted to donate to Raven, but I kind of wanted more of a choice. I think it's a great thing GAG is doing, allowing people to donate their points for charity! I was more interested in that fact compared to getting the gift card.

I'm shocked that so many users left for that reason, I have a feeling that wasn't the only reason though. A lot of changes and unnecessary ones enraged a lot of people so maybe the gift card was the final straw? That's way too much effort to put in for an Amazon card though. Just get a job? Haha :P

I won't be joining the strike. I think GAG is a great site and I enjoy using it and being able to help the admins.

• They raised it again?

Pfft, not surprised, considering how much more active this place has gotten lately. They don't have enough funds to pay everyone, lol.

• Exactly. People are quite selfish about this whole situation. They don't consider the other side of things. GAG isn't made of money, it makes perfect sense for them to raise it so they're not losing $25 so readily.

• I haven't even gotten a card yet. To tell the truth I keep forgetting about them. I like the purpose of the site not the reward I get for being here. That is what my job is for :-)

• Meeeee! 🙋
    I HONESTLY don't care about xper, gift cards.

• it took me two years just to get the points needed for a gift card

staying just for the gift cards is such a low return on investment

• I didn't know about the gift cards for a while, I just thought it was a cool site. If I want a TGI Friday or Amazon gift card I'll buy it with my j-o-b.

• Is there even a gag strike?

And no, I'm not gonna participate.

• I was about to stop coming on anyways, I was literally hanging on to get my next gift card then offski, but since it's going to take me so long I won't bother.

• Wow it has now gone to 7,000 points.

• I've never heard of anyone going on "strike" because of it, lol.
    I don't care if people really do though.
    I wouldn't notice anyways.

• It doesn't worry me. :) I 'm never gonna take my points out.

• No idea there was a strike going on. Who's striking?

• Is it possible to donate your xper point to others? If not, I wish it was.

• Am I that oblivious, I'm only hearing of this strike for the first time lol. So there's a strike... because of a gift card? lmao

• Ikr I had no idea that there was a strike going on. I don't really care for the gift cards enough to make a huge deal about it. I just love GAG and I don't see a reason to leave just because of a gift card

• I have no use for the gift cards. I would give them away if it were allowed.

• I'm not interested on being part of the gag strike

• I don't think I could leave even if I wanted to but yeah I wanna be apart of it :)

• I honestly had no idea there were even gift cards lol, i just like GAG

• Like I said it's their toilet and they can take any form of shit in their toilet.

• perhaps for the exam sake but smh

• You get gift cards for being on here?

I kind of kid, because that's not why I am here. I didn't really realize that when I signed up, I just wanted to come to a place for opinions on my questions and to hopefully help others out.

• I could care less about the gift cards but, I support the strike. Most of the people I've seen that are supposedly striking are annoying, pretentious ass-clowns. The site will be better without them.

• Damn it. They raised it to 7000 xper. Oh well... I expected it.

• i agree. the gift cards are a bonus. and i'm sorry but it's people like Klaatu51 who got giftcards every other day who has caused this. and he also said that they should put it up

What Guys Said 35

• www.troll.me/.../...ect-this-is-total-bullshit.jpg
    This entire debate. I'm neutral as well. I'm here to post stuff, not to receive giftcards.

• Funny enough how I posted my opinion on this on another question trying to recruit people and I got blocked. So immature.

• I'm not interested in gag strike but i do believe
    they raised the X-per cause people are joining here
    long enough to get the cards than they leave and
    i guarantee you some of the ones who left got lot
    gift cards so they cashed them in and with no more
    X-per left for prizes/ gift cards then they leave
    maybe they should do away with the gift cards
    i really don't know it's sad to think that is why
    people are here for them i am here to meet
    new people and support people i can care less
    about gift cards or any other prize XD

• finally found this post!

• I didn't even know about the gift cards until recently. I genuinely want to offer good advice... mostly. I can't help but ridicule or accost some of you.

• shit... y i feel i'm responsible for it?

• because you are?

• @eternallylucky honestly many of em r more mature than me LOL

• No I believe it's an act to stop being picked on here. :)

• I'm pretty indifferent about the giftcards being raised. I only with I had redeemed my second giftcard while they were still 5000.

• Luckily, I just cashed mine in last week but only because I randomly remembered they existed and got my buddy something as a present.

I think this site is supposed to be about having some fun, getting advice, helping others or just having something to do to fill the gaps of boredom. Rewards are a bonus.

If people are this angry about the price raise on gift cards and it's truly the only reason they bother coming here then they should consider working overtime at their job or get some sort of secondary part-time job. That would be a far more time efficient way to earn some extra money.

So no, no strike for me.

• I just checked and I'm disappointed it went to 7000 xper points. I'll stay here regardless but this is another reason on why I hate klatuu

• Man I was here when a gift card was only three thousand points.

• Why is it bad to be rewarded for your help with gift cards?

• I'm going to be out eventually... but not because of the gift card. Spending all that time here for that (what is it 25 bucks?) is quite silly actually. The site is addictive as it is an fun sometimes, though recently it's been a drag. Whatever I guess...

• Not on the GaG strike, although I do like the gift cards.

That happened when I was away.

• no, GAG is about more than a gift card. It's a community forum where we ask questions to the opposite genders without judgement.

• I came here to help people and sling bad jokes. I never paid attention to the gift cards and t-shirts and whatnot.

• Wait, what's the strike? Gift cards cost more XP now? That doesn't affect me. I redeem mine to donate to RAVEN. anybody here solely for gift cards probably shouldn't be here at all.

• Yep the price of gift cards went from 5000 to 7000 xpoints, and some users are going on a so called strike over this plus they also lowered the amount of xpoints you earn.

• Im not here to get gift cards, so I won't be joining any strikes. :-D

• I'm not taking part of the G@G strike

• I never cared about those giftcards, to be honest.

• Yep, same. I'm here to answer questions and talk to nice people. The points are nice, but, meh.

• GAG has broken my heart. 😞
    I never applied for gift card and was planning to apply for it and they... 😞

• I see some people have sensible priorities.

• Meh
    I ain't here for the dough bro

• Strike😐 what will you do, no need I can't get any gift card because I am not from USA so no need actually. I am here to know new thing and help others😊

• i just wish i had redeemed the xper i had sooner, because i was close to getting 2

• are humans that stupid to fight for a gift card?

• I never thought about gift-card.

• I did get 5000 xper and got my gift card XD

Now so what? With people of all xper levels and bring active, it costs GaG quite a bit of cash to provide them, thus the increase in minimum xper points. I'll just answer more questions and write mytames to get more lol

• The gift cards are not a good incentive. There shouldn't be a reward at all. Rewards produce people who post unhelpful answers on every single question.

• What is this gift card thing about? I don't even know about it. Will Somebody tell me?

• It's an amazon gift card that you can use xpoints to get, but I don't think it's available to users from Germany.

• Oh okay thanks for the info.

• I am taking part even though when i was told about the strike was when I found out they existed LOL

• More from Guys
    5