Have you ever noticed this?

Have you ever noticed people who post anonymous questions "asking for a friend" but you can clearly tell it's about them? Why do they do this? They're already anonymous.

Most Helpful Guy

• I know this guy who thinks it might be because they want it to be *double* secret?

What Guys Said 8

• Yeah lolz.. very idiotic

• why do they even go anonymous? they already are unless they are using their real name

• ultra security... lol i dunno I have never gone anon and never will its for wimps :P

• Oh hahaha yeah I did notice,

• i see these question i can't tell if it's actually about them or they're really asking for a friend. there's no way to know for sure.

• Maybe they're just bored in front of compuler and just want to talk to people, but not really expect to find a girlfriend online. I did it once, but not anonymous.

• I don't know and I don't care. ;P

• yes, many times.

What Girls Said 11

• Some people have a hard time saying even in text that they suffer from an affliction or have problems. Its safer to say its a friend because they never have to admit to themselves that its their problem

• I think they do it so people will be brutally honest. Like usually when you ask a question about yourself, I guess people don't want to hurt your feelings so they are extra nice about what they are saying or they give you a higher rating (if it's a question about looks.

• I think because some people feels embarrassed about asking questions. This is supposed to a a safe online community but I'm guessing some people don't want the embarrassment and some responses can come of a bit judgmental at times. We are all here to help each other.

• I mean, with the anonymity function you can avoid people actually knowing who you are. Even your username shouldn't divulge too much.

• Not really. I do know of the questions asking for people here to rate their 'friends' or pick a girl out of three girls as the prettiest.

• Ugh yeah. Friend is so cliché. They should say my niece or the hairdresser or something.

• Who knows , they're weird.

• Ah, even though its anon online, people are still embarrassed. Asking for a "friend" is very cliche.

• lol yeah.. I guess it's easier for them to talk about the bad things they think say or do as if it's someone else.

• peace of mind?

• its so stupid haha I've realized that

• They want extra security

• Don't you think that it gets confusing?

• Yeah but it's their question or post or whateva. I think if they want to be the confusing type, they can. What I hate tho is that if the person is anonymous u can't click on their profile to follow them.