What is this GaG strike?

So many people are not logging in on this site for some reason realated to some stupid gift card.

Most Helpful Guy

• It most likely has to do with the fact that the reward for an opinion was decrease from 3 to 1, for best answer from 15 to 5 (is it even 5? it might just be 2 now), and the price of an Amazon gift card went from 4000 to 5000, and NOW it went from 5000 to 7000 just out of the blue.

• Are there actually people on here who really care about that stuff? I thought the whole idea of this site was for people to give and get opinions about things. I guess I didn't realize that the whole point of this site was to try to win stuff...

• @MrExplorer eh, once you have 25000 redeemable XPER, it kinda matters if you can get $60 or $80 out of it.

• @MrExplorer actually, it's $60 vs $100. The difference is not insignificant. People are like, "if I had known they'd increase it by 2000, I would have redeemed them a long time ago!"

What Girls Said 7

• Didn't even know that was a thing. Weird.

• I didn't notice. I may be leaving gag, but not because of the reasons you mentioned

• There is a GAG strike going on? I was not aware of this

• I find this gag strike stupid, to be honest. People are not logging in because of that? How do you know?
    If that's true, then what a waste of xper, lol.

• I am not sure, but I am not seeing many GaGers on here since yesterday. Probably many GaGers are leaving for no reason at all.

• Basically they want the cost of the Amazon card to go down 😑

• I really don't know. People come on here everyday and spend hours just to try to get some gift card. Perhaps there are a lot of broke people on this site and their scrounging for every little crumb they can.

• The whole thing is asinine. I'm embarrassed for anyone involved.

What Guys Said 12

• The purpose for the gift cards was to reward people for answering questions and helping people right? Then why raise it? Maybe they plan to get rid of everything once they weed out the members who know about them. I'm not going to suck up to either side on this matter like most people who answered this. Sure people are supposed to be here to help, but also you can't get mad at people for only being on here to collect gift cards and other prizes because the notion that a lot of people might that just be only to collect gift cards is not surprising.

• People are bitching about changes to redeeming Xper points for free gifts, lol.

I'd probably cry too, but I cashed in before the change ;)

• What a bunch of losers lmao. If you're that bothered get a job, and stop scraping off this site. I have 5,000 points. I don't care.

• nah... i'm always here. i'll keep postin even gift cards will b abolished... i just love this site :)

• Oh, yes. Myself and @Klaatus51, and @I_am_repulsive, and @BelleGirl21, and even Anonymous all agreed to not log on till the strike is over. Hasn't anyone noticed?

• It's true. I refuse to get on until some changes are made!

• I haven't been login in man

• Sigh... See, no one noticed. It will hurt so badly when we break the news to the others.
      @BelleGirl21 @Klaatu51 @I_am_repulsive
      So much for shking the foundations of the earth! :-)

• Only just heard about it - Don't think it took off.

• Oh.. I was suppose to not log in? Lolz I didn't know what I was signing up for

• This website awards you for being a whiny tosser? Bugger me.

• I don't know about a strike, and I have no idea about any gift card.

• yeah even I came to know about it yesterday that you receive a gift card for 7000 Xpers... I know I'm never going to achieve those xper points so I'm like meh.

• Well personally I don't care about any gift card. That wasn't my "goal" for signing up here.

• Next strategy is deactivation of accounts, if GAG doesn't consider their decisions. 👿

• They raised the xper points for amazon cards to 7000. Some people don't like that

• lol, I don't give a fuck about that, but I know high profile people are leaving too, it's because this place is increasingly sterile and boring and stingy.

• yeah probably lot of people are leaving generally and it has nothing to do with this strike.