Why do people assume that STRANGERS who use the anonymous feature are cowards?

It's not uncommon to see someone try to attack a user by attempting to belittle them, make them feel less than, and reduce their pride by calling them a coward. Anyone who has had true encounters with acts of bravery should know that is a bunch of butt-hurt, hypersensitive, unintelligent bullsh*t lol

Firstly, YOU (nor me, nor anyone else) is entitled to someone's identity. When STRANGERS, who have no duty or obligation to share with us, willingly give peaces of their journeys and minds: IT IS A GIFT, not a right. You don't have a right to know who it is that you are speaking to so stop saturating yourself in entitlement. You are not entitled to the nosey privelege of knowing precisely who it is that has this experience.
Second, the same people who answer anonymously could have been trained in boxing, members of the military, or just simple people who practice bravery when necessary. Bravery ismuch greater than meeting the standards of entitled strangers online.
Third, there are various reasons to utilize the anonymous feature; private topic/intention of sharing personal info and touchy topic/desire to maintain level-headed reputation being two.

What are your thoughts on this topic?

Most Helpful Guy

• I never thought of it as anonymous being cowards... more like they must be taking this question serious and are embarrassed about it
    and then we just help them out, who cares if it's anonymous or not

What Guys Said 5

• This is suppose to be a membership based community. Posting anon is just posting nameless and faceless like it really doesn't matter, or not coming from a real person. It is like someone is too lazy to fully register to this site. What are you, a bunch of mindless lemmings or an actual individual? The point of posting anon is for sensitive, embarrassing or purposely hiding your identity, not every post just because you can.

• I never feel that way. I find that when people post anonymously on my questions, they tend to be more real and less 'all for show' and getting applause/recognition. 'Fully registering' a website isn't based on whether or not you click a checkmark in a box. You could answer anonymously and give advice or share an experience that someone will never forget so it doesn't make a difference. Mindless lemmings are not a direct correlation with checking or not checking the anonymous box.

Anyhow, thanks for sharing your viewpoint :)

• Sounds like you take it to seriously.
      "Taking the easy way out"? That doesn't make sense to me. People aren't obligated to show you who it is sharing personal thoughts and you are not entitled to have access to a person's personal insight.

• I may be more serous about it, but those going anon all the time are a little to nonchalant about it I guess. This of this site and how it would be if EVERYONE went anonymous. Kinda dumb really.

• Yes i agree with you but people will think anything

• I agree with whatever you just said.

• I stay anon because of the sad trolls who monitor your every move and want to throw in their two cents of bullshit to the advice you are trying to give to someone else.

• Most TRUE answers, are anonymous

What Girls Said 2

• I only think anons are cowards when they try to insult someone or they say something stupid, and when I say "something stupid" I don't mean something I disagree on.

• Being completely anonymous on here is a valid option and some people just can't stand it. I realize some trolls go anonymous but so what. People don't have to answer a question they feel is a troll.