So many Gag users are leaving?

besides for the lack of mentally stimulating questions and the overdrive of nonsensical questions...

I've noticed so many people here are so miserable and would do anything to bring people down with them.

Two examples; everytime a goodlooking person joins this site theyre immediately called a "catfish" or wearing too much makeup, too fake etc... when there is simply no basis for it. I've watched some call users who have proved themselves a 'catfish". its ridiculous.

another one; you can't disagree with someones opinion without either getting blocked, getting called "jealous", "stupid", "trolling" etc...

honesstly, this place should be fun where people can be themselves and express their feelings/opinions. not a place where everyones at eachothers throat.

I've been here a while now, i'm a pretty active user and i'm also getting tired of this shit.

Most Helpful Girl

• Exactly! I think the main reason long time users are leaving is because they are sick and tired of all the negative, nasty and miserable people on here. I have been on other Q&A sites and this one by far attracts more consistently bitter individuals then any of the other sites I've been on.

• Thank you for MHO. I'm glad you articulated what has been going on here.

• You're welcome. I'm glad I'm not the only one who sees this.

What Girls Said 3

• It has always been like this but I have to agree it's getting worse of late.

• Yep. It's definitely dying. I don't think I'll stick around too long. Haven't decided yet.

• "another one; you can't disagree with someones opinion without either getting blocked, getting called "jealous", "stupid", "trolling" etc..." I wholeheartedly agree with this one.

I'm also sick of the same questions being asked over and over, maybe it's a reason why people are leaving.

What Guys Said 6

• There has been a very strange vibe on site for the last month and I can't place what it is.

• firstly, id probably have written this question as "so many popular gag'ers are leaving?".. because i haven't seen much indication that there is a net exit for the doors when you look at the userbase in aggregate. My belief is that there are things behind the scenes going on that people here don't know about (ie. gag relationships) that went bust, and that's why some have left. Another reason could be as you alluded to, the toxic environment here which has gotten worse, not better. A little good news is that since i wrote that take on the ridiculous level of "whos the hottest gag'er questions" being asked on a daily basis, i really haven't seen any more of them posted, which i consider to be a positive development. Though these very toxic elements within the site still exist, especially when we get down to gender issues. Personally, i don't have the patience for a lot of it anymore myself. Only reason i'm still here is because i still talk to a few people who i consider to be needles in the haystack... but im in the process of getting people contact info outside of this place. Once that's all done, who knows... I may also leave. We'll see

• best thing you can do is start to engage the really good users that interest you from now before they leave your life forever :)

• The girl I really liked left b4 I got a chance. she was amazing to me I'm prob gonna deactivate soon too

• It feels the same as always tbh. I left a few months ago for about 6 months.
    People go and come back as its just a forum.
    There is no chat/community hangout places.
    It's kinda like passing each other by randomly during questions.
    That's why people don't stay because the community has no fixed place to return too.

• yeah this shit has become a daily thing lately... :|

• Too bad so sad...

• I know! I got harassed and judged for throwing a propane tank in a camp fire and my girlfriend lost her vision in one eye. People got so worked up over it and it was just a little prank.