Are you offended by people with private profiles?

Does it offend you when someone on GaG has a private profile? Does it bother you when they don't have messaging enabled? Discuss.

• Yes
  • No
I'd really love for the people who say they're offended by private profiles to tell me why.

Most Helpful Guy

• If something like that offends you, I honestly question how you function has a human being.

• I know, right?

• #preach !

I come across people bitching about anonymous activity, quite regularly on here.

• Well yeah, indeed SOMETIME people use their anon option to disrupt other people's experiences in this site.
      But I think we can all agree that "Private Profiles" (here or on facebook) are not related to that problem.

What Guys Said 26

• it doesn't bother me. im just chillin here most of the day. if I really need to reach out to a privey then ill try to find them in a comment.

• Not really, I'm a guy and even I see how annoying guys can get, the rise of mean comments from both sex, and dudes on here only looking for 1 thing. It gets to the point where you got to let them know you're not available to stupidity.

• It offends me when people get offended over stupid shit like this.

• It doesn't offend me. Life is enjoyed best when you are on 'I don't give a fuck' mode.

• A lot of people (including me) feel like we can be more honest with a private profile. People can't just look and see me give one kind of opinion for one person, then a different kind for another person. Before I made mine private I had 2 people 'call me out' for giving them a different opinion then I did before and I got tired trying to explain that every person and couple is completely different.

• This post is such bullshit. I've heard so many damn users complaining about anonymous activity lately.

I have no idea why anonymous questions / answers irritate people so much. Doesn't hurt to be extra safe on the internet if someone is really paranoid or had a bad internet experience in the past.

• That's how I feel too. Some butthurt little boy blasted me on another thread for having a private profile with messaging disabled.

• Some people don't want perverted messages and unwanted followers who simply follow just about everyone they think is good looking

• not at all... it's their choice i guess

• It's understandable, they don't want to receive any more dick pics.

• It doesn't offend me. I think it's pointless, though.

• Why's that?

• Showing a picture of yourself has by far the biggest impact on privacy, and the privacy settings don't affect who sees it.

• My picture isn't me.

• No, that's stupid. I've always kept my profile private becaue I don't like to share too much of my information to random strangers on the internet.

• It doesn't offend me, but it makes me a bit sad when I read someone's profile, liked it a lot, want to send them a message, and realize they have messaging disabled.

• I presume these were female users ' profiles? Damn uncontrollable horny fucks ruining the community!

• If everyone here were as disrespectful as you, then there wouldn't be a community. The private messages I wanted to send weren't sexual at all.

• No wonder you come from the MK "community", by the way. Nobody there knows how to behave in society.

• Not at all. People have a right to privacy.

• No i don't do Pm.
    would just chat on comments...
    here juat for fun n timepass in extremely free time.

• No I don't, it just there way of dealing with creeps and their messages.

• Not really, though I prefer users allow messaging. Generally, if you'd like to be in touch with someone and send a message from time to time, you can ask (in any post) if they'll follow you back. Than it works :D

• Makes no difference to me

• There is only one reason why anyone would be that selective with their profiles... they're looking to hook up. That's what bars are for.

• I dont care!! If they are private or not!! LOL
    I don't worry about such Petty things...😊

• I don't care, but I don't always see the point of having it private.

• I'm not offended by those at all.

• no lol... why would anyone be?

• No. However I do get mad when people don't take their time to message me. Come on people you need to talk to me. >:(.

• Only if they don't allow anonymous answers

• offend? haha.. do you have a social disorder?

• Why are you so obsessed with your private profile thing?

• Some dude just got butthurt at me on a comment over not being able to send me a PM.

• I had my real picture for a while, and it was worse.

• OK, now I know we're different people...

What Girls Said 19

• offend? why is it offensive?
    what if i dont want everyone messaging me?

• No, everyone can do whatever they want. Everyone has their reasons for keeping their profile private, I'm not gonna judge or be bothered because of it. 😉

• I don't see how that's offensive. People on this website get so up in arms about the dumbest shit.

• No. Why would I? Even I have kept my profile as private. Simply cause I don't want to receive any inappropriate msgs or any inappropriate pictures.
    I was tired of it... I use to block jerks. But there were some guys who use to make multiple accounts and message me over and over again.

Oh and also, there was a guy who always commented on almost all my opinions. He wasn't even my friend. It use to annoy the hell out of me.

• Oh wow. Someone enjoying the brilliance of your words was "annoying you"? That's not very nice!

• @Prof_Don Lol. No no. He use to post either sexual comments on all my comments... Or sometimes he use to post really rude comments if I ignored him

• I don't see how it could be offensive. Sometimes it's annoying if I want to message them to compliment them on a post or something, but I'm unable to but I just think they're missing out and carry on.

• no it doesn't bother me at all

• No, I'm not. I have a private profile because I get a lot of creepy messages, and for the fact that I don't like to draw attention to myself. Making my profile private averts the creeps away from my profile... :p But, if anyone follows me, 99.9% of the time I will approve your follow request, and will follow you back. We have a right to our privacy, I'm just an introverted person, that's all.

• Doesn't bother me one bit. They can do whatever they want with their profile.

• It doesn't bother me in the slightest. They'd "follow" you if they wanted to give you the opportunity to message them

• It disgusts me, how dare they? How am I supposed to stalk people if they lock down their profile? So selfish.

• I don't find any reason to be offended by private profiles.

• No, I am not. At least they have a profile and you can ask to follow. Better than anon.

• Not really coz I don't message people here if they don't message me

• Offended? Are you serious? How can that even offend you? Plus your butthurt feelings are not really their problem.

• It doesn't offend me, because mine's private too. But it's a little irritating when you can't pm them to ask them something without giving those opposing his opinion a point to dwell on.

• Nope , don't care.

• No, some people like their privacy.

• I don't really care if they want to stay private that's fine.

• Mine is private.