Amazon gift card now costs 7000 xpers? WHAT THE FUCK?

This is getting less and less fun, dear @girlsaskguys.

What do you guys think?

Interesting difference of opinions between guys and girls... Girls seem to hate it too, and guys seem to all be "I'm better than thou because I don't give a shit about the xpers". I wonder why the difference? Why the cocky attitudes, guys?

Most Helpful Guy

• I think it was overall likely a good business decision. They aren't getting paid by their users for access to the website or its features, so giving away free money to users has to be set at manageable limits. Clearly their spreadsheets told them to make some changes.

They'll lose users over this of course. But from a business viewpoint, if you double prices and lose less than half your customer base, the math works out in your favor and it was a good decision

The same principle applies here. And on a website like this, users will be replaced relatively easily, most simply won't care about the changes, and for new users, the new xper cost won't be an issue since they've no past experience to compare it to.

What Guys Said 20

• But the point of using gag shouldn't even be to get 20 dollars. If you want 20 dollars you're better off spending your time doing something else.

• No it's not, but it's nice to get a little incentive for the time we spend here

• I agree. Even a minimum-wage job would be better, if Amazon is what you want.

• if you want to earn twenty dollars so badly, i suggest you get a job instead of wasting your time on a rather useless website.

• Really not that big of a deal in my opinion...
    YouTube doesn't pay you watch videos.
    Facebook doesn't pay you to keep in touch with people
    Instagram doesn't pay you to post pictures.

Think yourself lucky GaG does..

• Other sites have never offered anything. We all joined agreeing to get nothing. We joined gag knowing that it gives something. So when gag makes it more difficult, it just sucks a bit more. Kinda like when google bought youtube. Things get less fun

• I think you're whining about stupid things, but that's just me.

• 0|0
  • I don't really care. The first few months when I first started I didn't even realize you could earn anything so I see it as an added bonus.

• It doesn't make any difference for me, I honestly knew about this giftcards thing 2 weeks ago, plus those giftcards aren't supported in my country so I never used them, and they are only 20 dollars, you may need 1 month to get 5000 Xper points, so even if they didn't raise the points, 20 dollars/month isn't that big deal, you can earn them in 2 hours if you had a job lol.

• and after a year or so it'll b 8k or so... makes sense.

it used 2 be even less, like 2k when they started

personally i'm ok wid it

• Yeah, I guess we'll have to ask @Klaatu51 to make up for the gifts you cannot buy for yourself. He's the only one who knows how to post so much.

• nah bro... i have slowed down da last few days... from 1k opinions i went down to 500 only.

not 2 mention i lost this "post within 15 mins" bonus... so now it's much harder even for me LOL

• Marginal benefit > marginal cost.. profit is maximized when mb=Mc therefore decrease mb.

• You're speaking chinese. Lol i don't understand nor do I like the business world. It ruins every good thing and only makes the rich even richer, that's why.

• I don't know what an xper is for and I don't care, either. I'm not here spamming bs to earn me virtual credit.

• No big deal to me, I'm not hear to earn gift cards I'm hear to help others and pass time.

• Its twenty bucks. Like gift cards are cool but its only twenty bucks.

• lol i never knew you could get amazon cards until the other day and it feels sucky cause it costed like 5k and i almost had 5k when they changed it xD

• Whatever.
    It's a shame you can't donate your points to other people though.

• thats yesterdays news

• Really not a huge deal for me lol, it it is frustrating

• i dont really care. im not in this for the gift cards

• I'm not here for the gift card.

• Lol we have sorta gotten over it now

What Girls Said 10

• I love my giftcards. I even told other people to get on because of the giftcards, never again. :C

• But... the increase in points has always been that way. At one point it was 3000. I wonder if they'll decide to get rid of it one day like they did with the Netflix thing.

• I agree that's way too much

• Ehh, I didn't even know we could get prizes till recently. :o I really don't care though, but that is a little much. I can understand why you're upset.

• Totally unfair, right? And they reduced the number of points you can earn too.

• Yes unfortunately :(

• At least we get to have Amazon gift cards at all from here. :)

• They want you to order tshirts instead. They are quite a bargain compared to those giftcards.

• Why do I feel like this is all my fault

• I mean, I will never get to the 7,000 so I don't even care.