Is something fishy going on GAG?

I know this has been asked already, but it seems like a large number of well known people on GAG have all left recently in a short span of time. Is this just a coincidence or is something else at work?

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 14

• Maybe they were all the same person!!! 😮

• Everyone I have talked to on here, dear, are saying the same thing... they also are saying how GAG just doesn't feel the same anymore. xx

• I think it's a coincidence.

Or maybe just a domino effect.

businessnerds.files.wordpress.com/.../...fect1.jpg

• I think they've gone on strike, but I don't think GAG cares so it's not going to make a difference. Either that or they're doing exams.

• Summer?
    Drugs?
    Xper points?

Maybe it simply became so boring - less and less useful and helpful answers, less and less logical, smart questions...

• by the way., I suspect that some of those people that left aren't gone - but are just constantly anonymous so they'd see what others say about them... or are avoiding some people. I don't know.

• Well-known people leave all the time, with new people to take their place. This is just the first time people are actually keeping track.

• Something else at work? Hmmm.. maybe they didn't like the fact that an amazoncard costs 7000 xper.

• It's 7 now? Are you serious. Wtf GaG

• If we were friends I'd call it Slothlover... but now it's SlothKiller xD

• @zorro8888 😨 don't you dare! your last 3 takes are hopefully worth it!

• Hmm no idea maybe people just left just because this site is getting old for them and they out grew it. I don't know it's kinda boring lately.

• I think that they got angry that the prices increased for the Amazon gift cards. Or maybe they're busy with other things and didn't have time to be here anymore.

• Yeah coincidence. Like always.

• i miss @misscoffeehead to be honest

• Virgin hunter is a boomerang. He comes and goes...

• People are getting bored
    Cost of rewards has risen again
    Site has been changing a lot
    I dunno, check the tag. http://www.girlsaskguys.com/girlsaskguys

• I think it's a domino effect. One popular user left, leading to many others contemplating leaving and finally making the decision to leave.

What Guys Said 19

• I plotted a revolution, and it is now finally taking full form.

Tolga would not decrease the Amazon gift card to 100 points, so now we have drastically cut his user base down and hope to starve him of revenue.

We have co-conspirators in every nation on Earth speaking 45 different major languages.

We will be heard by the powers that be.

We demand action for our free therapy to our brothers and sisters.

We Are The Cornbread Cult.

• I've been here 5 years and I think the key to keep from getting "burned out" on this site,

is to hit-and-run this site during free time and down time (such was waiting in line somewhere to pass the time). AKA not spend all day and night on this site. THAT would get tiring! :-P

As my career life has taken off in years past, combined with handling family business, my presence on this site has decreased in past 2 years due to life engagements. But I do still occasionally hit up this place.

Because of that, I may not be as known or "GaG famous" as some of the notable users who have recently left. But I will admit that recently they were all way more active than I have been.

by the way I don't think them leaving has anything to do with the Amazon gift cards costing more XPer. Most were here because they enjoyed the community, with the prizes being a bonus.

------------

My guess is that they got burned out of the site, and decided to leave for that reason. They may come back later if their personal / career lives slow down some.

For example, @CommieDearest I know is going to law school so I know that she will be extremely busy, so her leaving here gives her the free time she needs!

• We are starting our own website called Men ask Women
    for serious questions
    we were all tired of penis questions, boob questions, and how do i look questions!

• yeah i ate fish burgers and room's smelly... that's y everyone's leavin :|

• its always a coincidence... until Samuel L. Jackson walks into the room :P

• People that left I think got burnt out. Like they used this site like its a fuckin hookah. I think the proper way to use the site is to drop in when you're waiting for stuff.

• Yup that's what I do. Just drop in when I have free time or time to kill. :-D

• Definitely not a coincidence, I think they all noticed the same problem that I did, and they also got ticked off by the increase in Amazon card prices.

• What was this problem you noticed?

• I've noticed that more on "MyFeed" than the Site Feed re comments. Just a wall of questions.

• @springocelot the key difference is that, yes, that too many people used the My feed (therefore they won't see your question unless they follow you, because they have that filter set) and also that the site feed doesn't show "commented" events anymore either.

• If any of the three or four people that I'm close to leaves, so will I so I can understand why many are leaving one by one

• Dont know and dont care

• Who left? I joined GaG early 2015, so I don't know the other members that well. But yes i notice its getting emptier kind of. But there are always new members joining :)

So, which well known members left?

• I don't know. I don't even understand why they would leave.

It would be nice if someone could tell me. :P

• well known? I haven't noticed

• maybe they already got their gif card

• They've all bought a yacht together with the gift cards they won.

• Maybe. But I've been here for a number of years and seen 'em come and go.

• a coincedence lol

• It's from GAG raising the Xper for the Amazon Gift Card I believe lol

• I agree with the domino effect.

• Yes sir i said, the same things, someone is either had
    lot of duplicate accounts and got caught, some might be
    legally leaving cause lot of Moderators are leaving maybe
    their not getting allowed to do their job hey GaG admin
    can change rules.