Is the blocking of people on individual questions getting out of hand?

It seems like now people are just answering quetions very rudely and then blocking people before they have a chance to respond. Anyone else notice this type of thing going on? Couldn't we at least make it so that if they block the person they just responed to their opinion disappears or something? That way the feature can't be abused. We have lost enough people lately as it is, and I suspect this dumb feature isn't helping the cause any.

Most Helpful Guy

• yes using blocking as a proactive weapon is very regressive to the discussion

What Girls Said 5

• I haven't really noticed that but anyone making rude comments I have a perfect video for rude people. :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0doSWS0Fj24

• That was hilarious. lol

• I'm rude. Can you block me before I say something rude to you?

• You can say what ever you like. Also it's not rude if your just doing criticism. You would have to do something pretty extreme to make me want to block.

• It is getting a bit out of hand.

• I've had that done to me. It's so childish

• It's such an annoying feature! 0/10 do not like.

• I can't say I have noticed it.

What Guys Said 4

• They've been doing that all the time, it's nothing new. I never liked the blocking feature. It makes sense in PMs, but otherwise, it's "eh" and disconcerting.

• Yeah is a female fit for a straight jacket abusing the block button everytime someone disagrees but not before she has a nuremburg rant and a few insults tossed in. Is it s specific user your asking about?

• The ones I am noticing are anonymous when they do it.

• So was this woman but she got caught out. You can always tell its her by the way she abuses anyone who disagrees

• i just asked the same question 2 seconds ago.

And yes it is. Unless i've asked you to block me, which you should upon request because there is no better choice.

• Yes dude that happened to me the other day not happy, talk shit and then block.