Should I take offense to this mods opinion and report her?

I was asking a question about how to make things work better between me and my girlfriend, and what would help fix our relationship. Well a moderator wrote an opinion that said "girlfriend? Don't you mean mom or sister?". For some reason, she made a cruel joke about me and my family being incest. Does it even do any good to report a mod? Because she can't be saying things like this and have the position of a moderator...

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes you can absolutely report a moderator if you feel they have violated the guidelines. The admin will then decide what the outcome will be. Of course it's possible for everyone to have bad days (I've raged too sometimes before but I try my best not to!) but if this is repeat behavior then it's not acceptable so just report and let admin take control.

What Girls Said 5

• You can review the posting guidelines and if you feel the post violates any of them, you can report it. http://www.girlsaskguys.com/faq/posts

• You'll get over it. And if you don't, seek help. Because it's just a website.

• Well obviously. I work at McDonalds and could throw a burger in someones face, they will get over it, but not without making it known to my boss. I don't give a shit about her saying it, but i want it to be known that a moderator is being as bad a troll as the people she's supposed to watch for and delete.

• Could you post a link?

• Report her. She was rude, smh.

• That mod was SaVeS in the down low wishing it was your sister or brother

• Well that's what i suspect... i could be wrong

• Lol, after reading other comments, I finally understand what you mean. No, it was a real mod, she had that mod emblem by her name.

What Guys Said 8

• Do it bro. I cannot take it as a joke. It was a blunt insult and a challenge to the character.

Being a moderator won't give you any type of prerogative or immunity from the posting guidelines. http://www.girlsaskguys.com/faq/moderators#147

We all are same users who should behave in appropriate manners.

Either report her opinion as "explicit" or (which I personally recommend) send a message to admins.
    Http://www.girlsaskguys.com/contact

Good luck :)

• A mod has to abide by same rules as everyone else if not more so they are meant to be an example of appropiate behaviour.

• Thank you, an answer that actually has maturity. I do not care that she made that joke to me, but she wasn't being haha funny, she was making a sarcastic joke and didn't intend for me to take it innocently. If she can be a moderator, and say things like this, why don't they just make all GaG members moderators? She is expected to be helpful, and professional, and moderating for comments like her own and deleting them. Everyone is misunderstanding what I am actually upset about. Not the joke, her lack of skills as mod.

• Mod or not, report that person! We are not immune from having our opinions removed (or our mod status taken away )

• ROFL. butt hurt?

• Just straight up report her and move on.

• They're all worthless.

• I saw that question. You were talking about letting your girlfriend kick you in the nuts as an act of contrition for cheating. That was the big fetish of SaVes the catfish who is still suspected to be lurking around GAG under a new account. She often talked about kicking her family in the genitals. The mod was referencing that, so she must have suspected that you are the former SaVes, whether correctly or incorrectly. I really wouldn't worry about it.

• Ohhh. Ok. I've never heard about that. Ok, that makes since now then. Lol. And I asked that question in a stupid way while I was drinking. I really just need to get her to stop talking about it. I thought mods could see a persons profile even if it is asked anonymously? She should have been able to figure out that my profile is not a catfish. I am activly commenting and asking questions all the time about all sorts of things. -_-

• Nope, only administrators can see. Mods are just users like everyone else who are just able to take down offensive stuff for review by administrators.

• Wait, why are you fucking your sister and mother? That's weird bro. Cheating on your girl on top of it. smfh