Do you hate the FADING EFFECT of 4+ line opinions so much that you'd write custom Javascript to remove it for you?

If so, you don't actually need to learn it, because it's already done.

I'm using CJS for Chrome on Desktop, and it won't work on phones, but it works on desktop, so yay. Although GreaseMonkey might work for Firefox extensions, which might also work on Android.

If you're curious, the other block of text adds "COMMENT" to the comment bubble at the bottom right of a post.

var collapsed = $(". collapsed");
collapsed. addClass ('expanded');
collapsed. removeClass ('collapsed');
$('. expandable-text'). removeClass ('expandable-text');
$('. expanded-over'). remove ();

• YES, I really do hate the fading effect, it makes opinions that are 4 lines or longer hard to read!
  • NO, I don't mind the fading effect at all.
If anyone needs the entire comment button fix, it's here: dl.dropboxusercontent.com/.../...tton-fix-js-2.PNG

Most Helpful Girl

• Holy cow Mesonfielde!!! This is AMAZING!

The fade effect is super annoying though. It doesn't show up on mobile half the time or it fades during a paragraph break so you can't see the break.

• You literally cannot write an opinion that's longer than 4 lines without being "punished" about it.

Or use paragraphs.

Like this.

• Ah, you literally just have to type in the text that's highlighted into "Custom Javascript for Websites" extension and it'll remove the fade effect

• You vastly overestimate my confidence XD I'll let my brother look at it when he visits next time :)

Most Helpful Guy

• I really do fucking hate this. On mobile, it's even more worse nightmare. Whenever I try to swipe up to scroll, it expands involuntarily. Extremely annoying. The UI became superlatively tacky.

I must say, thank you very much Meson, you are my hero. At least the browsing experience on PC will be hassle free :)

What Girls Said 5

• Hey @GirlsAskGuys , check out the poll results on this.

Most of us hate the fading effect. Please create your own gag poll and compile the number of frustrated users.

Fairly certain majority will vote against this feature. If that is the case, please get rid of it.

• It's so stupid, especially if you've been tagged in it and it doesn't automatically reveal. Grr!

• i understood none of the above

• yes haha i do.

• Yes, I hate this silly effect.

What Guys Said 8

• I mainly use gag on my phone so this doesn't really help me. I wish they'd just get rid of the update and make it like it was before

• Let's hope the people who own G@g read this too.

I'll report your post. :D

• On desktop it is not so bad.

But damn it is loathsome on mobile, mainly because the click / tap doesn't always register because the browser is so busy rendering GaG's graphics.

• Thanks really dislike fading effect

• Any way to do this in css only to make it work with Stylish? If not, I'll just use this, thanks a ton!

• Well I'm pretty sure you can override the properties set by the classes that I remove by setting them to default, but you would also have to copy the properties to posts that are specified in the expanded class. Takes more effort than this one, hence why I went with this one.

• im learning java atm. this looks similar

• what's your point here? they already had the feature before they changed it. if they wanted to remove the fade out thing they could just change the code to what it was before. no need to write your own.

• oops, looks like i misunderstood your question. would that actually work?

• Well I'm using that javascript code and while it doesn't run on opinions you load with "show more" right now, yes, it does work. It makes the experience much better, too. A significant difference, really. I'm using CJS for chrome on desktop.

• Making it run on "show more" would be an easy fix though, you'd just have to take what's selected into its own function, call it like I called `insertComment ()`, and also put it in the setTimeout's method under `insertComment ()` and it'd work

• How did I not think of that?