Have you ever been accused of being a catfish?

I've been seeing a lot of people saying Chick180 was a catfish (I don't think I had ever heard about her before, so I have no opinion about this).

Has someone ever called you a catfish? I have lol someone said I was animedrama (still not sure of who that is), also LauraMarx and Alexzktra, at the same time. We got an "article" written about us in some dumb catfishing blog.

Omg I forgot: I also got accused on my second day on GAG lol literally just because I learned you have to mention @ users when you reply to them. That was literally the only reason.

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes, but only once when I posted a picture of myself quite some time ago. It was by a guy who had asked me out before and I had said no.

What Guys Said 11

• I guess you could say I was accused of catfishing. I have had GaGers assert that I was the real voice behind @GraySailorsBride (That's not the case though, she really is my wife.)

• Not saying you are but in a way, its an accusation that makes sense haha

• Nah, I'm pretty sure @Alexzktra was too weird to be faking it.
    I had no trouble with her or anything, but she was undeniably weird.

No one claimed that I was a catfish, no one really cared enough, haha.

• She was fine but reacted in an awful way when angry lol

• Wait. Actually, some misogynists accused me of actually being a rabid feminazi woman on a guy's account, because I used to claim that females aren't inferior to males.

• Never been accused of it. I will say I find it really weird and quite creepy with the users, mainly guys, obsession with Chick180. I chatted with her often but my goodness I have never seen one person draw in the creeps like that girl.

• Agreed. There have been way too many questions and comments about her. Now I'm really curious and wish I had seen her before. I feel like I missed something big.

• Asker she was just very sarcastic. A lot of guys thought she was being serious when she would say something regarding them being cute or whatnot, when she wasn't. She was a really nice person to the people that didn't annoy her. However, the same users obsessing about her right now are the same ones that didn't help her to stay on the site. If she had been someone that wasn't attractive then the guys would have never have hounded her like they did.

• Yeah, it looks like she had really good reasons to leave. She must've felt uncomfortable.

• animedreama was... but chick180 lauramarx were real

• Who was animedreama? I don't know anything about chick180 but I liked LauraMarx.

• some lesbian gamer chick.

chick180 was awesome though, wish she'll b back one day :)

• Lol really? everytime I get accused of catfishing, it's because of my sexual orientation wtf

• No, I'm not handsome enough.

• i usually am not noticed, so i never get accused. Besides, people who get accused are usually like model-looking types

• I don't even post my pictures and I've been accused many times haha

• Not sexy enough to get accused.

• Disagree.

• Then where are my accusations of being a catfish? D:

• Literally everyone says that. Haven't you heard? my messages are full of people trying to find out. We're working on this.

• Never been accused of that.

• Yes, @bubble_tea thought that I was one.

• No I can't say - I have been called a lot of things but never a catfish.

• Chick180 wasn't a catfish. She's my dream girl and one of the sweetest people I have ever had the pleasure of meeting! GABBY IF YOU'RE READING THIS I <3 YOU AND ALWAYS WILL!! :D I'M SORRY FOR BEING AN AWKWARD PRICK, THANKS FOR PUTTING UP WITH A SHIT LIKE ME. I'll never forget you.

Please come back!

• Why did I get downvoted by the girls? :O

• She's here dude lol (with different name)

• What? Where? O_O please tell me now!!

What Girls Said 9

• i hope people dont invest too much emotions in this site.
    people come and go...
    so far i have not been accused of being a catfish

• No one has called me a catfish.

• Yeah some guy just accused me of being a catfish on OKCupid and I'm like, LOL wtf, I'm not hot enough to be one. Totes flattering though

• I've never been accused of being a catfish, thankfully. People get all pessimistic by accusing others of being a catfish.

• I don't really care when that happens but it does feel weird at first. Like? I don't even try to make friends here so how can I be one? haha

• Nope, never.

• Nope, i don't put my picture on here so...

• Never heard of that rumor.

• Yes, it has happened to me. Twice.
    I took it as a compliment and I was strangely amused by it.

• A lot of times what happens on here is some guy will exchange a couple of messages with a woman. Then he'll ask her for her phone number or he'll want her to add him on her Facebook or something. She says no, he gets pissed and starts accusing her of being a catfish. There are no doubt catfish's on here but, I don't think there are as many as some people think.

• Yeah I'm sure that happens with some. Butthurt guys act in a really dumb way.

• To specifically answer your question. No, I've never been accused of being a catfish.