What's the point of MHO?

I've noticed people pick you as MHO only when what you say is almost what they were already thinking or what they wanted to hear. I mean, not always but most times this is what happens and it get's annoying 'cause even if you say the truth and you're right someone else who said something stupid will get MHO. I'm not saying all these to cry for my opinions but I do.

Most Helpful Girl

• I think mh is stupid too half the time I don't even pick one and when I do I just pick what ever for the points because it really doesn't matter anyways. I think they should just get rid of it it's annoying getting the messages you haven't picked one yet blah blah like idc.

• Thank you! Give me your number, I give you MHO :3

• You can alway just give me mh anyways I mean just keep my percentage at where it's at yah kno cause it totally matters and all. But nah I don't give my number out its top secret total fbi shit right there.

What Girls Said 7

• The point is to encourage users to write more helpful and insightful opinions in response to questions. Many people respond to questions with a few words and nothing more. That's not very helpful to someone asking for advice. Of course, it's not always used correctly but there's nothing that can be done to stop biased MHO's.

• People want to know that their opinioned is the right one so they go with the answer they want to hear. People can't face the truth sometimes

• The trend I have noticed with MHO is that it tends to be the longest answer, or the one that commented back a lot. Most of the time the long answers tend to have a lot of ideas or give a lot of advice. Therefore, in theory, the likelihood of hearing what the asker wants to hear in these long answers is usually raised. That's the logic I see behind it.

• Well that's the point people pick what they feel is mot helpful whether that is what they want to hear or whoever validated what they were feeling. I think most f my MHOs were picked because I really got through to someone though.

• The point of MHO is for the asker to earn 2 extra xper points by picking one, and for making the most helpful gagers list on the G@G News. It's just something extra.
    Speaking of fairly or unfairly choosing MHO, depends on the person.

• Some of it is just because GAG gives a notification for people to choose one, other times its given because people didn't decide on their question (s) which person to give it to. Its GAG's way of giving people xper

• It's their question. They can choose whoever they want.

• That's not what I meant. Nevermind ^^

• I'm not saying it's a problem, I just think that it's useless.

• Maybe you are right. But some people will never get it. So let them learn by experience. Not just words.

What Guys Said 8

• It makes you feel good about yourself. That the question asker actually considered your opinion, and thought it was the best out of all others! :P

• Sometimes MHO is given for no apparent reason or their friends here in GAG

• I suppose it is only natural to pick MHO that is closest to your own view.

• I really have no idea. Usually the most helpful advice is not the advice the asker wants to hear, so they just pick whatever they wanted to hear instead

• Haha in many occasions MHO = "answer I wanted to hear the most"

• I don't know. But you're an amazing person

• To reward the person who gave the best answer to the question.

• it factors in how many points you get , and your percent