Is the amazon gift card even worth it?

Before it was 5000Xper to get it but now GAG have raised it to 7000Xper (probably because they've realised thats the only reason most people use this site). I've lost a huge chunk of motivation to continue on this website now. Because I'm from the UK, the excange rate will probably take off a few units of cash too :/. Is it really worth it? How long did it take you? Is the amazon gift card even your goal?

Most Helpful Girl

• The $20 or whatever it is definitely isn't worth the amount of time required here to acquire those points. It's just a bonus.

Most Helpful Guy

• not at its current price point. But I've been able to buy a lot of great stuff over the years from the gift cards so... yeah... It was cheaper then though

What Girls Said 8

• At least you're getting more now than you would have been like 7 years ago.

I enjoy the site regardless of monetary rewards. I actually want to get the shirt in the future XD

• I don't do it for the gift cards - cause it takes too long to rack up points for them. I come on here cause I've always been a fan of question and answer sites - ever since I was 14 years old, I've been doing this.

• The 5,000 Xper card was worth it. It took ne around 1 week and a half or two weeks. To be honest, it's my goal. If their weren't any cards I'd probably come on way less.

• To be honest it wasn't really worth it when it was 5000 xper, it still took weeks or even months to gain that many xper points

• It certainly isn't worth it for me, Amazon doesn't ship stuff to where I live. Keep collecting xper, until you save up to a $40 or even $60 gift card, I would consider that worth it.

• You can make $20.00 a lot faster just doing something like online surveys.

GaGing just for money is such a low return on investment.

• It was worth it. It got me a dress and a video game. :D

• You were going to cash it?
    Yes it was my only goal, I'm probably going to give up soon 7000 is a lot.

• No, I mean if you're in a different country the value of $1 changes. so i think it's like 75p/$1.
      Ikr? Totally gutting

What Guys Said 12

• The way I see it. If you're on GaG for the $20 , by how much time it takes to rack up 5000 Xpers... now 7000 Xpers , you probably would have made that much money by just working a second job in the black market for American Apparel or whatever lol

• They are not worth it, most people need 1 month to get 5000 Xper points so are 20$/month worth it? Of course no, you can earn them in 2 hours if you have a job. So it wouldn't matter even if they didn't raise it to 7000 Xper points.

• 1|1
  • If thats a persons sole purpose of being on the site then no... go flip stuff on craigslist or ebay if you want to make money... even if it were 3000 xper points the time required is absolutely not worth it...

• Honestly, it's pointless to waste time on this site in the first place just to get a bloody giftcard.

• Yeah but... books...

• I'm not saying don't continue to get a giftcard, but I'm sure there are easier ways of getting money...

• I give all my points to RAVEN and with new rules it takes me two weeks to get donation.

• Oh they raised it? No that makes it to much work to post purely for the reason of getting the gift cards.
    I never stayed on this site for that reason any way as the gift cards inexpensive and I have money already.

• NO! IT AIN'T!

• The time you have to spend on here out weighs the reward. think of ll the questions you need to ask and all the comments you need to leave on other peoples questions

• I earn too much to care about $20.

• If you get a lot of them, I mean, then it's like you're buying your amazon item, for free, because all you need to do is get points on here for it and since gag is a free site, you get your item for free

• All I can say it was a really stupid idea to have gifts for people on this site in the first place.

If you're so bothered about it, I'd leave.

• I'm thinking about it.