People are using my myTake ideas?

I have some takes in the works. I was looking through the myTake section to find that people already wrote about the topics that I was going to write about. Are they still even worth posting? I feel so angry that I took the time to write 3 or 4 myTakes to find that people already used the topics they were about.

Most Helpful Girl

• I think next time you do a poll on what you should write about for a MyTake, maybe re-word the choices and questions and ask GAGers what they'd like to read instead of what they want you to write.
    It sucks that they took your ideas and used them without your permission, but I think I can speak on the behalf of Fanfiction writers: I've had a few incidents when I'd write something that I thought the plot was pretty original (an AU story), and I'd find out later that someone copied and pasted the same storyline from mine and took the credit. In the professional, legal sense, that would be identified as plagerism, but apparently, the internet allows anyone to use creative license to the extreme.

I'm sorry this happened to you, but I'd advise you to continue writing MyTakes, just write it from a different angle or perspective on the issue. Besides, it'd be good practice for college essays, right? :)

• Totally. Thank you.

• You're welcome!

• I will still post my takes. :)

What Guys Said 8

• So you had the same idea as someone else and they put it out their first? That doesn't mean they are using your ideas.

I think they are still worth posting especially if it give another point of view.

• No! I posted a question about what to write about and they obviously used some of my ideas from the poll...

• i think it would be removed for duplicates, possibly.

• I would still post them it is your take - In any newspaper you may have several feature writers discussing same topic just from different angles.

• Why do you Post?
    - To get Xper? To discuss somethings for the sake of discussion? To be popular? To get information? To spread information? To know more people in this site?

- In my case unless I have significant difference between my topic and the already posted one, I wouldn't. And may be posting opinion in that topic would be enough.

• No. To share my ideas. I could care less about being popular.

• I just posted them as guiding questions.
      You are not obligated to answer to me :P.

• Oh, haha. Sorry. :)

• Maybe it's a coincidence?

• try to sue them.

• How are they using your ideas?

• I posted a question about what to write about, and they used my ideas... so.

• Batards! they always one step ahead!

What Girls Said 5

• They aren't using "your" ideas; they didn't know what your ideas were, they just had similar thoughts. I've had people write similar myTakes before I could post mine but it's not something to get angry about.
    MyTakes - the clue is in the name. It's your take, your view, your opinion of something so it's still worth posting because you have a different view compared to the other person who posted similar.
    You may also become an editor if you post a few good myTakes, as well as get the Xper points so why not?

• I'm sorry they took your ideas from the poll. Legally though, you cannot go after someone for stealing your ideas. That's why it's sometimes better to keep ideas to yourself.

But I am sure you have different perspectives for MyTakes up your sleeves or original ideas for MyTakes all together.

• Sure. Just go ahead and do it. I'm sure there are multiple myTakes for the same topic.

• Sadly after a point most people have written most things about most topics. Mainly any relationship or looking topics. :(

• I saw that, that was really selfish and inconsiderate of her.

• It's totally fine... She apologized. I'm still going to post articles, and I'm writing one about an original topic.

• That's true. Well I wish you luck with writing it :)

• Thank you. :)