Are you allowed to write stories in the myTake section?

For example, you write a narrative... with characters, a plot, a setting, chapters and all of that stuff. Are you allowed to do that? Does a myTake have to be an article, or can you use it to write stories, kind of like a fan fiction thing. I'm just curious, because many myTake topics are duplicated, and it would be interesting to see stories that people create too. :)

Most Helpful Girl

• When myTakes were around a couple of years before, people would use them for many things - stories, articles, blogs etc. I don't see anything wrong with writing stories etc. However, you're an editor which means those stories will be promoted and it may not be something the community would like to read. I've wanted to write things other than advice articles, but everything of mine being promoted dissuaded me from doing it. I also don't have enough time for it haha!
    If you think it'll be interesting for the community or maybe you could make some interesting writing game? Then that would be cool! :)
    If you just want to write stories, I recommend Wattpad. com.

What Guys Said 9

• Maybe you could write a short introduction to the fictional narrative, and then at the end, provide an analysis of what the themes are in the piece. The fictional narrative would be the cream filling, and the intro and analysis would be the cookies on either side of the cream filling. Like an Oreo. Which sounds really good right now.

• hmm.. well if its just going to be a plain story then i would think that would be taking advantage of the mytake feature, but if you were to reference said story to one of your standpoints (mytake) then it should be valid.

• Simple answer is yes you can :)

• I don't see why not it is YOUR My Take

• U can write almost anything... no?

• I am. I'm not sure about you though...

• Yeah I would like to read.

• I believe you can do that but wouldn't it be better if a moral came out of this story?

• you aren't allowed to promote on the site. the fact that it's your own work doesn't change that

• I'm not sure what you're trying to say. I'm an editor

• that could be seen as using the site to look for feedback on your stories. i don't think the site allows that. also, "I'm an editor " how the heck is that relevant?

• I'm wasn't sure what you were saying. One of the admins said I could. 😒

What Girls Said 5

• Well I wrote a story about a life experience when I almost died... But then again then it was called an Article and not a MyTake. Well regardless it's labeled as a MyTake now so I see why not?

A lot of the old ones were nothing like how they are now.

• Not sure, but i can't see why not. That would be so interesting and unique. Hope you do that because i'd enjoy reading it very much :-)

• I believe you can. It's your thing to share. Why not.

• It's whatever you want! I actually thought about doing that before because I have a ton of stories that I've wrote before but I've never had the guts to show anyone. Please do it I think it'd be cool!

• Of course you can. People get inspired by personal stories.