How come you have to be xper level 2 to post links in your opinions?

What's the point of that?

Most Helpful Girl

• It's simply to prevent spam. There are a lot of spammers who sign up and would post links to advertisements or otherwise inappropriate websites if they could so it's just an effort to prevent that. These spam accounts are cancelled as soon as the admins see them though but that's why users have to be level 2+ to post clickable links.

• I don't really see how that makes a difference, if I was spamming I'd just wait until level 2 and start then, it doesn't make sense because other forums I've been on don't do it. This is rhubarb! ;p

• It's because we don't spam websites linked to GirlsAskGuys for users to actually click on. That's different than a spammer simply posting other info.

• I just wanted to post a picture I thought was funny, I don't think it's really to prevent spam anyway, I think it's to draw people in. Whatever.

What Girls Said 2

• I have no clue. I know that you have to be a certain level to post an unlimited amount of questions or responses, because I ran into that a couple of months ago.

• I think it's a way of encouraging people to stay, that means I feel a bit held to ransom if I'm honest. I think the spam argument honeybee makes is understandable coming from a site admin but it's dishonest. I didn't say it at the time but it dawned on me an hour or so ago that it's a double standard when you look at the adds that pop up on here for Russian dating and earning $1000 a day from home! Spam indeed!

• I don't know I think they're trying to motivate you to stay longer so different xper levels get different benefits

• to be honest that just put me off.

What Guys Said 2

• spam bro...

• I don't think that's the real reason.

• Answer enough questions.

• that doesn't really answer my question but thanks. lol

• I think it's a counter measure against troll who come just to post offensive links. Nobody will take the time to level up a troll account unless they have no life.

• The nature of trolls is that they have no life. :D