Are you against the colors assigned to each gender on GAG?

Blue for boys, pink for girls? It's pretty traditional. I'm not a radical feminist or anything but I'd be wrong to think this might not bother some of the users.

Wooow thanks for the answers!
P. s some of you users are really illiterate, I never said me myself was offended.

Most Helpful Guy

• No and for the love of god , DON'T BE ONE OF THOSE HIPSTERS who makes the boy's room sign red and the girl's room sign green.

Cos that's how I friggin walked into the girl's room once.

What's wrong with the Blue and Pink color coding?

• The future 0_0... the future is riddled with colors... colors that don't make sense.

• @xXiTacoXx
      I was talking about the sink and the counter top how it's littered with shit but okay lol
      I guess I should have stayed in longer for a more detailed look.

What Guys Said 31

• I really don't see the big deal http://s23.postimg.org/oqh2gimff/image.jpg

• So even color codes bother people now huh? Are people going to complain about the washroom signs like it's only for white people because it's white?
    http://cliparts.co/cliparts/rTL/xdr/rTLxdrakc.jpg

• There's probably 1% that might get offended but it's simply an easy and quick way to distinguish gender.

We could allow people to choose colors but then it makes it complicated as far as what gender is what. we could add labels but that's just more reading..

so if the 1% gets offended, they can go somewhere else.

• Your right it might bother some people... no matter what you do someone will find a reason to be offended by it. Political correctness is making us weak. If someone is that bothered by something so simple then that is an issue they need to workout for themselves.

We can not alter our actions to try to appeal to everyone, nor should we try.

• 1|0
  • hasn't bothered me yet

• I don't mind. It makes it much easier to know the sex of the asker

• Seriously?

There's nothing wrong it, don't go making trouble or mischief were there isn't any.

• It's not pretty traditional, traditionally men's color was red, and boys colors were pink. And blue was for girls and women. And to answer your question, no it's just a color what does it matter? Oh and do colors really affect women this much that they have to whine about it? Seeing the responses from the women, no it seems that very little women care because there is more important things to talk about.

• Even a radical feminist would agree that pink is a girl color

• Well it is a gender based site - If it dropped that would it not devalue the appeal of site.

• Please stopp!

• Rainbows for all. Like my logo's background

• I am for it!

• It's just a color, if it legitimately bothers anyone they have issues. If something like this bothers them then everything in the entire world probably bothers them.

• Meh, they're just colours.

• Lets just make the guys purple and the girls green to keep the feminists happy! :D

• No, I'm not against them. I don't see anything bad with this stereotype.

• Don't really make a difference to me

• Lol I don't really care, more important things to worry about.

• if that offends people, those people need to get a life.

• It's no big deal

• Why would anyone in the right mind complain?

• It's just a color. If it bothers anyone I think they're incredibly oversensitive

• Well I don't have any problem with it.

• It is totally normal.

• I think there should not be colors, only signs that indicate "Male", "Female" and "Transexual".

• Yes. Its traditional. Thats the only reason it exists. Different colours are the most easily recognisable trait you could have to identify someone on a gender based site like this. Blue is most commonly associated with men, pink with women. It doesn't have anything to do with anything, pink is the most manly colour anyway.

• Just fuck off don't be so annoying.

• Are you fucked in the head?

• More from Guys
    1

What Girls Said 20

• HAhaha! You did not just complain about this! xD
    Omg, hahahahaha! xD

They're pretty colors and genders generally prefer them. They're associated with each gender, they just fit and look great together.

Lighten up, will ya?
    http://i.imgur.com/fWzZ51Z.png

• I think if they get bothered by something that small then their lives are wayyyyy too easy.

• I actually like it cuz I know without to much extra info if I am reading a girls question or a guys question. Not saying it has to be pink and blue, honestly it could be any combo of colors for me

• No I simply think it's a way to really separate the genders. Instead of just saying boys and girls, its only to really make a certain emphasis.

• Nah, I'm not against them. It's just because they're the traditional colors, if I was the designer of this site I would probably do the same. Of course everyone can still wear and use the colors they want, though.

• The genders are supposed to be easily distinguished on here. I think that's the only reason they use pink and blue.

• I guess it's fine.
    I'd love it if I could be purple or rose gold or pale blue or periwinkle... but I can't. O. o

• No, I love PINK <3

• It doesn't bother me.

It's easier that way

• no I'm not against those colors it doesn't bother me

• Nope, i don't care at all.

• Seriously? There's nothing wrong with the color-code. I think it makes it much easier to determine who's a girl and who's a boy. Without it, it would be much more of a hassle. I'm all for it. People have bigger problems to worry about then colors lol

• OMG why do so many people overthink stuff on this site, just chill it's only a colour!

• i actually dont care, because i think colors are just colors

• i just want to be purple, but i dont really care enough to do anything about it.

• Some people need to get a life.

• Yes. I'd prefer red for females.

• The things that bother people.

• Blue is one of my favorite colors, but pink is a-okay with me. Nothing wrong with pink.

If I could chose the anon avatar image, I'd have a blue one, though.