Why are some 18+ users such assholes?

serious question but I'm still preparing for asshole adult comments in 3..2...1...

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't know, I've noticed that the older they get they typically get more cynical. They also believe that 18+ think they are incredibly wise and forget they're just another person with a computer.

• Can confirm, I am 19 and it is a rare day I have a positive outlook on anything. Also the whole anonymity thing makes people get full of themselves. You don't know some of those people with computers may be experts on what there griping about and I don't know either. You could be a genius for all I know. We all seem to forget that possibility online though.

• Yeah, exactly. This is what bothers me

• Sure they could be, but some just want to feel powerful and be a jerk just because.

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 16

• Because a lot of -18 questions are ridiculous.

• Oh lordy, musket rounds fired

• Well I will say you aren't a dumb teen in the slightest.

• Thanks, lol.
      And you are a nice adult :)

• 1. It's the internet so of course there are going to be some users who are rude, hateful, or judgmental because they are online and don't really have to face any consequences for their actions.
    2. Even in real life, some people are just assholes. That's just the personality of some people, unfortunately.

• Yeah, very true.
      I forgot to keep this in mind while browsing the Internet lol

• I have met assholes on both sides to be honest (over 18) and (under 18).
    That's a personality trait any age or gender can have

• Yeah, you're right but I'm talking about the older users who are assholes just because they are in a different age group

• Well I disagree with how ur being treated. No one should mistreat u because of ur age

• i've been an asshole since birth so i can't answer for the other adults -_-

• Because life fucked us. You'll get it up the butt soon enough, too.

• It's already happening. i completely understand now, i don't want to grow up :(

• Doesn't matter the age. There are annoying assholes all over the place. So it depends more on the person. I've seen some (under 18) They were seriously annoying and irritated me. I've also had some people (over 18) that did the same.

• Because there are assholes everywhere, regardless of age?

• Not all of them.
    There are plenty of kids on here who are just as bad - only poorer language skills so it looks silly - not so much insulting really. xD

• There there bunny. 🐇

• 😂😂 awww I don't know why... I have met a few on here that are just ANNOYING... But its only the enternet

• Aw not all of them are like that! :)

• Which is why I said some

• You just gotta ignore the assholes that's all.

• I hope i'm not one of them:-( i try not to be

• I see assholes in teenagers too

• Becuase they see us an inexperienced even tho they don't even know us. Smh

• People are assholes regardless of age.

• Because they just don't understand us

What Guys Said 23

• Well to be fair in this question, what you've done by not only using profanity but also not specifying a certain situation or several that have inspired you to make this post, is actually come across as rather hostile.
    That said I think people are against other generations for many things
    at the root of human nature we are afraid of the younger generation growing too quickly and usurping us...
    But aside from that we also have pride to deal with.
    It can be hard to believe someone with what is assumed to be less life experience is actually more informed in what routes to take in certain situations.
    Sometimes there's also this stupid need to protect younger people, but sheltering them from the reality of the world is rather redundant, wouldn't you say?

• Example?

,.,.

• For example, if I ask a question and need a serious answer, I'll get a sarcastic answer as if they are superior to me or something.

• So people aren't* afraid...

• Yeah, you're definitely right. I suppose we just have to ignore the ones who act on that feeling, under the disguise of a computer screen.

• Maybe they aren't they just have a good understanding of the world and give it to you straight with no sugar coating. Some of them are ass holes though

• I can take fair criticism or straight-forward ness but sometimes there is the odd adult like you've described.

• People are going to troll and be a smartass regardless of the age

• Age has nothing to do with it.

• There's arseholes everywhere dude.. That's the world we live in. xD

• Lift off!!

• Probably for the same reason why some people are just jerks in general.

• Life sucks young fella. You'll learn soon enough.

• I totally agree with you.

• I think a lot of it is because we just don't relate to high school drama.

• Welcome to real life I guess.

• Ya I know only a girl who is around 25 and is a such an asshole... never gives a straight forward reply and is always rude. Anyways don't wanna name her.

From the guys I have found non.

• I don't know why some of the 18+ users are assholes to the under 18 users. Being older doesn't automatically make you better and smarter than someone else

• They haven't learned anything about the real world yet, think they know everything, and believe that their opinions are absolute facts and everyone should know it...

• ... which isn't to say that *all* of the under18's are like that, of course...

• No kidding... 😊

• Ones that glanced over the question so quickly that he might misread it, for instance? 😄😆

• lol anything I say is going to register as asshole to a teenager. Just chill and enjoy summer vacation.

• Same reason some under 18 people are cunts.

Generalisations ftw

• I said "some" so, wasn't generalising but sure...

• I feel at a loss; I cannot say "act your age" as you are.

• We only try to be realistic, and even then not all of us are jerks trying to ruin your day. Us people with more age just try to help you understand life so you will find yourself avoiding that situation rather than going into it yourself so. :).

• There are assholes everywhere. Once an asshole always an asshole.

• what do u mean?

• Some of them are just dicks for no reason. Like they'll live a snide comment instead of a serious one and likely mention your age, for example.

• make the most of being young because when u get get older u see everyones on anti depressant pills working dead end jobs trying the best to not end up homeless watching there parents becoming elderly or dying

• I can now sorta understand why adults are a bit bitter. Adulthood sounds like crap.

• It's because you stupid fucking kids don't LISTEN!!!

• Dude.. you are new here, wtf do you know about this place?