Does going anonymyous really lower the amount of replies you get?

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Guy

• Tough one - I say it lowers quality of replies

• How so? Because one of the replies said people are more likely to be honest with you if they can't see you or know who you are

• I see what you mean - I think I was thinking more about anon answers - To be honest I change my mind 10 times a day about anon - I feel you might be drawn more towards a named question because of the pic and name maybe.

What Girls Said 11

• usually, but i think it comes down to the question and how appealing it is.

• I think so. Some people don't want to answer a question from a person that they can't put a face to or some of the questions come off as ludicrous when asked.

• No... Polls bring people in more thou lol.

• Why would anyone go anon for a question like this?

• I think the anonymous questions are the best because they don't want people to know who they are cause are emberresrd and to be honest the anonymous questions are interesting cause they can say or write whatever they want with out being judged

• Not really. It depends on how interesting the question is. I know because I just literally posted a question off anonymous, because I thought I'd get more replies. I've gotten like 2. lol

• I wouldn't say so...

• no, because we can answer honestly without knowing what you look like i guess

• Yes, it does. I can guarantee that.

• I ask questions anonymously and I get plenty of answers.

• no i wouldn't say so. sometimes anonymons get more replies than with identification

• Would you say its because people will probly say their real opinion to someone they dont know or can't see compared to if they knew and saw them

• i guess. they would be more honest to the asker ad its more safer for the asker

What Guys Said 10

• no, it completely depends on the topic of the question. there are some damn successful anonymous trolls on here, to which sadly, their great work has been removed from this site lol.

• Not from me you nameless punk

• Honestly, that depends on your number of followers. And how many people use the follow based filter.

• Not really... it's dependant on how interesting your question is

• No. Going anonymous just makes you a pussy

• no, i think they get more comments

• anonymous users suck.

• I wouldn't think so. Personally I have no problem asking anonymous questions.

• Kind of. I like to know what I'm dealing with when I'm answering

• i think so. there are users here who refuse to answer questions from anon users which i don't quite understand why but to each their own. also, site regulars will almost always answer questions from their friends so they are likely to get more answers. if they go anon, people won't know it's them so they don't get that familiarity advantage