Why is it that when I ask questions about members they get deleted?

why is it that when i ask these kind of questions, they get deleted within a few minutes with reason being "member post" but when people post stupid shit like this

http://www.girlsaskguys.com/social-relationships/q1538002-guess-who-s-baaaack

it stays on for hours with nobody doing anythng?

Most Helpful Girl

• It's not always possible for moderators to catch everything. We try our best but it's simply not reasonable to expect us to get to everything in short periods of time. I mean I try and I'm sure others do but we also have lives and can't be on here 24/7 to get everything.

Also we have guidelines as moderators that say we must remove questions that can refer to any members on this website in a negative way. Please see http://www.girlsaskguys.com/faq/moderators and then go to the moderator guidelines.

If you feel something is posted wrong then please report it and if you feel a question was removed wrongly then also contact the admin about it.

What Girls Said 4

• Seeing as it wasn't negative or insulting. GAG doesn't want any arguements of nepotism/favoritism to break out.

• I have just been discussing this with a mod. Basically because GaG follow their rules when they want to. It's their site and they do as they please.

But to be honest, they will remove a negative member post and leave a good one up.

• that does make sense. it's their site, they don't have to follow their rules if they don't want to. i don't usually post negative questions about members thougjh. if i do, i don't call them by their usernames but those are the ones that stay up.

• so then are the people who remove questions users like you and i who ask and answer questions on the site? cause that would make sense, the same way a cop wouldn't want to arrest one of his friends

• Yes, all mods are users. They get asked or they request to be a mod. They are still active on the site as a user. Have you seen the 'm' or 'u' next to some people's names? That means they are a mod or uber-mod. They can only hide posts for Admins to check over and then possibly remove them if they feel they breach the guidelines... or in my opinion, if they don't like it.

• It is spam.

• They have been lenient with other members posting

stupid questions like

Who is going to marry Keyspirits?

Why did Laura marx leave?

• My guess is if you are not well known to the community or write regurgitated Takes, this is why they were willing to report yours and admin agreed to delete your question.

• A mod just wanting to delete it for the sake of keeping up with her reporting. There is a 25.00 gift card awarded per month to the one who has the highest reporting numbers.

What Guys Said 2

• Member Posts are defined like this:

""We do not allow members to talk negatively of other GAGers in posts.
    For example, "[username] is a stupid jerk!" will be removed.
    - ALL *Questions and Takes* about specific members in a negative way are removed as Member Posts.""

That question isn't talking about the person negatively. At worst, the question could be removed as "Nonsense" (for not posing a valid question that people can give answers to), but people seem to be eager to participate, so it's not really useless for the sake of the community either.

• I had my question removed cause it contained "adult content". I really didn't mind, but it made me laugh that there are so many sexual topics.

• Ohhh. Ok. Yeah... I troll sometimes 😔 guilty.

• @TurtleRace101 who doesn't? :p But I don't do name-calling, I see no point in antagonism. That won't convince anyone of anything...

• Because most mods are hypocrites here..

If you ask offensive questions about any member your question will be deleted.

• Well, it's kinda in the guidelines, that
      """"We do not allow members to talk negatively of other GAGers in posts.
      For example, "[username] is a stupid jerk!" will be removed.""

More info here: http://www.girlsaskguys.com/faq/posts
      Under `Why was my post removed? What are the posting guidelines?`

• Why was my post removed, I asked about a member that anybody knows where " that member" is?
      Why why? Is it negative member post?

• Well, I probably wouldn't have removed it under that term, personally.