People reporting opinions?

How annoying is it when people report any opinion they don't agree with... Or can't take a joke?

can we have these people deported?

Most Helpful Girl

• Some people are out to get others, some people are reporting to qualify for the MOD positions.

• Interesting. Never knew that was a qual. How lame

• The criteria they had in their current take isn't true. I don't believe it is. I 've seen some mods that were invited and accepted for positions are not well known and they are not vocal as like futureex, watermelonoma, white steve etc. They are basically no bodies and quick to react with anger over silly things.

• I'll get lambasted for saying this :P.

What Girls Said 8

• It's annoying. But I think some people do it so they can get closer to the moderator position.

I saw a question yesterday that stated that reporting opinions is part of the criteria to becoming one.

... Such pussyish behavior in my opinion. Call me whatever you want, I'll call you a bitch but I won't ever report your opinion. Just laugh at them.

• This has happened to me about 6 times now. I hadn't even said anything to offend anyone either. However, whomever reported it did not agree with my opinion on the given situation and I find that to be really pathetic and immature. This is a site based off opinion and it is stupid that some people are on here looking for one specific answer and when they don't get it, they get butt hurt and start reporting people's opinions.

• yes. it is not right when people report because they dont agree with it.. but it is right to report if someone is abusing or intentionally hurting or insulting someone..

• Deported where XD

But yeah, that's very annoying. Some people have troll accounts in which they can report people just because, others are legit babies.

That being said, there is a line (but it's different in everyone's eyes)

• Lol lol!! Really now!! Hahaha...
    Funny how people get all but hurt when someone dislike their opinion... Now imagine if someone ( reports their opinion)
    They all going to cry to bed lol!!!

• Sometimes it's annoying.

• when it's very offensive then it's right to report it

• I find it outrageous and offensive.

What Guys Said 10

• If it got removed then it means it violates the posting guidelines. Not all of the reported posts are taken down as long as they're positive. Admins review the reports themselves.
    Please read the posting guidelines :- http://www.girlsaskguys.com/faq/moderators#147

It might give you an idea about how to post here.
    Best wishes :)

• 1. Anyone can report anything they want
    2. Even mods can report what they want
    3. The difference is a regular user who has discovered reporting will wind up reporting anything that they don't like while a mod will refer to the guidelines set by GAG
    4. Also even when a mod hides an opinion, end of the day it's the Admin who takes a call if it's to be permanently removed or not, mods don't have the power to take something out permanently
    5. If someone thinks they have been wrongly taken out, they can always write to GAG admin. I've done that and my comments / opinions / questions have been reinstated except once though it was relevant but yes, graphic :)
    6. If someone whether a user or a mod is misusing the liberty and freedom given to them too frequently by reporting anything and everything based only on personal tastes, they will be warned and on paying no heed, they'll be suspended and possibly their a/c shut down :)

• It Won't get removed simply because it is reported. The admins will review reports to determine if it does indeed violate the rules. I personally don't see reports and even if I remove a post it is still reviewed. However admins take reporting into consideration when selecting new mods, but succees ratio is important too random reporting won't do anything.

• people are always anti-reporting/mods... until they get into a fight with someone on here and get personally attacked. Then the mods/admins are the first people they call xD

• If it gets reported, then the admins will look at it. If the opinion does not violate the guidelines, then it most likely won't be removed.

• That's too bad

• I dont even notice lol... I dont see why people would get butt hurt over an opinion lmao

• so... is this your opinion?

• Reporting opions is bullshit. People should voice there opionins no matter what.

• Well who cares -_-