Have you ever gotten into an argument with someone on GAG and?

The person you were arguing with was so stupid that you just had to end it and you were fairly sure he/she wasn't a troll. I mean the person had a ridiculous premise and everything you said the person came back with something even more illogical.

I had this experience recently and I wasn't the only one that was getting into it with that person because of their idiotic question. I couldn't even just sit back and enjoy sparring with this person because the insults this person was giving out were so lame. I just had to walk away because I honestly felt I was getting dumber interacting with this person.

I'm not asking you to name the person but, have you ever had this experience on GAG?

Most Helpful Guy

• Sometimes, not often. I listen to everyone, although I don't accept the views of everyone as a possible alternative. Although I'm also not interested in a debate if it's about insults and name-calling rather than a discussion. People who dogmatically believe things tend to be the ones who retaliate with verbal harassment - because they cannot `support` their viewpoint in any other way.

• So in other words almost every christian when you say their bible isn't evidence?

• @BaileyisDarcy Yup! Technically *their* immediate response tends to be blocking you right there and then.
      Many people don't like change, and therefore do their best to avoid any alternative viewpoints. Maybe one of them would be right, and they'd have to change the way they think. People don't like doing that, they'd have to admit they were wrong. I personally actually like admitting I'm wrong, but only when I'm actually wrong. It means I had the opportunity to learn something new.

What Guys Said 13

• Anybody who has not must not have been here long.

• This happens a good bit on GAG, though GAG is less prone to trolling than many other sites.

One recurring troll here I've talked to is the virgin-obsessed guy. He throws out the line and I bite, every time. I'm sure all the while he's laughing behind his computer monitor at how gullible I am.

• Yes - If it gets too silly I will block them.

• Kind of did one time. I was talking with @RichardTX and I said he was a white person but he kept saying he wasn't white he was Italian. and I said it's the same thing but he kept saying I was just stupid and uneducated. I couldn't believe it.

• About weekly here on g@g but I have learnt when to end the argument early because you can't win over an idiot

• Yes. Oh yes.

• Yes, almost half the people on here. Usually when it happens they're anonymous.

• Yes, a few times...

• Yeah, but I've never taken them personally and actually gotten upset over someone else's views.

• Yes.
    Its RedArrow. This guy thinks that its okay to act like a doctor and start giving advices to people over the internet... when he is not even holding a medical degree. Guess what ! Others agreed with him...

• I like to think it was a discussion not an argument. But who knows? It could have been one! :P

• Lol never :p

• Nope, i don't handle argument on any site, i just block the haters that's all you can do
    and i do report them too for smart ass rudeness,

What Girls Said 16

• Some chick flipped her shit at me because I agreed with her but swore while doing so, then threatened to have everything I ever posted reported as offensive until I got banned.

• She sounds familiar to me lol!

• If she reported everything you said as offensive, she would probably get spoken to by admins, they'd pick up on it, so you should've let her, haa!

• @Hannah591 apparently she was one of my followers so I did some digging and figured out who the most likely culprit was and blocked and reported her. Apart from the one guy who started stalking me online on other platforms, I'm relatively enemy free.

• Loads of times. It's so fucking annoying and frustrates the hell out of me.

• Yes, I think most people have. I usually block them. You should've reported any comments which insulted you.

• Quite a few times actually.

• yes happened to me before...

• It happens all the time.

• Oh definitely! Are there people who haven't? They must not be as stubborn and opiniated as me 😐

• I argue with ass hats on here all the time. It's usually just butt hurt people not liking something I said. I take it with a grain of salt and move on, they are not worth my time and energy.

• Nope, never.

• Yes, it has. It's annoying.

• It's happened to me many times.

• No, never :)

• once upon a time yes

• How did you end it? By blocking that person or refusing to reply anymore?

Yes, I have.

• I just stopped commenting and so did that person.

• It's good that that person knew when to stop.

• I did earlier today, someone who thought there was nothing wrong with having sex with animals.

• Not until now.