Should this site become 18+?

I've got nothing against under 18 's , but it seems like when this site lowered the age to 16 + the quality went down, and it seems to have gone down more since they have lowered the age even more.

• Yes the site should be 18 +
  • No keep it how it is..

Most Helpful Girl

• They could never regulate it anyways. But yeah, sometimes I'm uncomfortable with the 13 and 14 age group being on here.

What Girls Said 15

• No offense but you're really pissing me off. You don't call the shots. The site was just fine with with the 16 year olds everyone because guess what there were barely any of them. Just about everyone agreed that 18-24yr were and to be honest still are asking the "lower quality questions".

Now they've lowered the age range and I will admit some are botuered by this and the minors are also asking "lower quality questions" buy here's the difference WE ACTUALLY NEED THE ADVICE more they the adults ever will! So if you have a problem I'm sorry but deal with it! You didn't seem to have a problem when they asked the exact same questions.

• Nope, because teens have questions too. girlsaskguys. Not womenaskmen. This is a good place to ask the questions that we have. Many of the adult questions are just men and women debating over penis size anyway.

• Well said haha and so true

• Well you said it a hell of a lot better than I ever could. 👍

• I would like to add that there are not many places where teens can go for advice. It's too bad that they aren't helpful to adults but they're only kids and you should no better and do your best to help them with their problems. Not be a jackass.

• pray, do tell, how would they be able to tell who's being real about their age?

• I'm an under 18 and I would like to believe that I give just as good advice as any 18+. I'm always thoughtful with my answers and want to help people. Similarly, I joined this site because I want my questions answered, if you think what I ask is immature you aren't forced to read it or comment.

• The minimum age to join now is actually 13. There's nothing asking us to prove our ages upon signing up though, and many under 18's come on here saying they're 18+ just so they can ask certain kinds of sex questions.

I find the most low quality or messed up and hateful questions come from users who are over 18.

• I don't think the quality went down. Just more adult users are more paranoid now on what they can say. It does suck that with how society views what you can say to people at a certain age. It really messes things up with communication and getting info and advice out between anyone under 18 and above. It's caused some what of a rift between the those age groups. Since you could get in trouble for what you say to people under 18 if your above.

• People under 18 need advice, give good advice and sometimes behave better than us. Therefore, it's fine for them to be here. It's not because of the underage that the quality of this site went down. By underage, I mean at least 16 years old. Allowing 13 year old teenagers in here is pushing it. Certain contents on gag are a little to inappropriate for people that age. We must be careful and be as appropriate as possible with the minors.

• GaG is a business. They need the teen demographic for continued growth as a website. Besides, they have questions too. It's just that moderation sucks here and as a side effect more people are regulating what they say.

That said, even if 18+, you can't regulate who comes on here.

• But wait till I turn 18. My birthday is coming up. :)

• there's nothing wrong with under 18 joining this site and some of them are even more mature than the 18+ users

• Some of us younger people have questions too... and besides, society has basically introduced us to everything sex related, it's not like most of us are hearing anything new.

• I'm gonna be 18 in less than 6 months. What would the difference be?

• Keep it how it is,

• Yeah I agree !!

• It doesn't matter.

What Guys Said 17

• No. For two reasons:

1) The teenage demographic, needs this type of unfiltered advice the most. Too many parents shelter their children about dating, sex, and relationships... and don't give them the real spit. Us internet people, lacking an agenda and a personal in-person relationship with these teens, are more likely to give them the unfiltered truth to help them.

2) For a forum site like this, the teen demographic is key in order to establish a loyal customer base. Teens tend to bandwagon off of each other, especially with social media and mobile technology accelerating this "spreading of the trend". They are telling their friends on kik, tweeting about it, sending screenshots on Snapchat, etc... thus they are offering free advertisement of GaG to their peers. This is exactly why this site is exploding with new teenage members. Making the site 18+ is bad business. The grumpy-ass adult users are a minority, a secondary market in this case, and their disapproval and eventual leaving of GaG, is a necessary sacrifice, for the influx of teen members with teen loyalty.

-------

Many users here on GaG emotionally spaz about the influx of teen users, and of the various website changes.

Am I the only non-admin GaG user that thinks like a businessman, and understands the business implications behind the transformation of this website over the years? This site wouldn't exist anymore if the personnel running GaG weren't business-conscious in a long term mentality!

#ProfDonForAdmin

• The most screwed up posts I have seen have come from the middle aged users.

• No I don't mind the under 18 group. I think there questions are better to answer than adults who should know better. I think the group that has some of the most insane question or irritating at time comes from 18-24.

• I think we should make more effort to include the 13 - 18 age group. I would find this site much more boring if it wasn't for some of the under 18s.

• If the site was 18+, then kids would just register to be 18 and so the same things.

• Where would under 18 users go with our questions that we might not feel comfortable asking in real life?

• Yahoo answers lol.

• @ Asker And people on yahoo answers just troll and insult people and get them absolutely no where. They rarely have interest in actually helping the person, they just want to crack a joke.

• You just sound like a stereotypical bitter old man to me, my bad for assuming
      So, we ruin this site for you?
      And actually it's 8 in the morning lol
      @amarahorrorstory that's right

• Let's do it 35+... how bout it?

• No because those youngsters need somewhere they can ask questions they're otherwise nervous of embarrassed to ask elsewhere.

• People under 15 should leave I mean it

• I feel like it should at least be 16+. Anyone younger (and many older) are just to immature for the most part. As it is, I almost never answer under 18 questions if there about sex.

• No, let the minors be part of it, give their point of view and learn from ours.

• Naw we should keep it our it so we can never say how it used to be LOL

• No. Kids have questions so let them get answers. Besides it's not like half the people who have been here for years weren't here prior to they hit that age. (ahem, you know who you are)

• there's no real way to stop them from making an account either way. Besides, if anyone needs advice, its probably them

• NO... Keep it as is

• I am under 18 though so...

• I have no problem as long as creeps aren't signing up
    and saying they are age 13 just to try to get a 13 year old girl
    and they are actually a 30-45 + year old man/ woman cause
    yes it can happen.. What pisses me off about GAG is the all the
    users with fake pictures who are Trolls, Catifsher's, Pervs, Haters
    if anything they need to make this site more safe for all people
    especially for those who are age 13 and I can tell a fake on here
    they stick out like a sore thumb so not hard to find them and
    as far as haters i got over 80 some blocked well they put their
    self where they are i didn't do it... I do not tolerate haters one bit
    I'll send a police officer to your door if you anyone sends me hate
    i am not no one to piss with.