Why do much older GaG guys keep hitting on me?

I've been on this cite for less than a week and I already have like 6 guys (at least 3 years over 18) hitting on me with the IM feature. Am I putting a bad/sleezy presence on this website? Is this typical for teenage girls to encounter?

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 19

• Desperate creepy guys that apparently think it's alright to hit on someone underage. Ignore their morally ignoble acts of creepiness.

• Unfortunately all public forums have these issues you might want to use these tips if it becomes a problem
    1) Report and block any inappropriate users
    2) Set your profile to private
    3) Tick box that only allows messages from people you follow

• no idea, they should check if you're looking for a partner who's 20 years older than you
    but my gosh your hair is awesome!

• behold your unknown power over man.

• If they are bothering you than you need to report than block them
    no older men should be contacting teen girls and making them
    uncomfortable..

• Welcome to the internet were desperation and creepiness makes it's home.

• why are 21 year olds trying it hit it with a 15 year old. When I was 21 I was interested in older or at least 19 year olds.

• I think that's fairly common unfortunately.

• I can't speak for everyone, but I don't like putting my actual birthdate on any sites like this. They may not be over 18. As long as you're careful about what you say you should be fine, just block them

• Guess that's why they call them pervs

• Just ignore them. Internet is full of creepy guys.

• They have nothing better to do.

• There are block optionsouth to prevent further messages

• I think it is best to be guarded around any guy. But, any guy over 21 maybe you should block

• How much older? Lol

• Maybe because you are cute?
      I mean your hair looks like the hair of the actress in the movie jurrassic world...

• I'm gonna take the Hair comment as a good thing. Cx and I don't know like 15 years older?

• Oh I don't know why they hit on you... just block them... LOL

And yes that hair comment was a compliment... to you

• Its normal human male behavior. Take it as a compliment.

• The only reason guys don't bang 13 year olds is because the law doesn't allow it. If you think i am wrong, know older men had sex with teens and pre teens for thousands of years and only recently has it become taboo and illegal.

• Unfortunately you don't know me, The nice guy forever!😔

• Ignore them, flag them, block them, report them, by calling them firstly bro. 😂

What Girls Said 13

• They're just pedophilic creeps. Best you can do is ignore them.

• If they're sending you sexually explicit messages you can go to their profile and flag them for personal messages. They cannot say those things to you on public posts so they really can't say it in private posts.

• Not sexually explicit really but like "hey. Do you have a nice ass?"

• Ew. those are really the worst. I'm sorry you have to deal with them. If they ever harass you or cross the line too far you def have options.

• When I was 12 using the internet I would have over 21 year olds messaging me dirty things.
    My dad always got angry and would block them for me.

Just ignore them.

• On my old account (when I had a picture) I had the same issue. I assume it's just because it's a public forum where those types of people have easier access to you with little to no repercussion.

• Ha, I love the way you say Old Guys and actually mean 18 year olds.

Set your profile to not allow messages from those who don't follow you, then you shouldn't get as many.

At least they are 18 and not 48...

• they are creeps... just block or ignore them

• There's an IM feature?

But anyways... Welcome to GAG ^_^

• Because they can and they want to be gross.

• You have answered a couple of questions that are sexual, so they might see that as an invitation. Or they don't care about your age

• It's pretty normal here lol

• creeps and pervs all over the net

• It happens to me too. Ignore it

• It's not your fault and yes, it is typical for teenage girls to encounter. Predators frequent this site. Sad but true. Block them and don't give your personal details to them. You have to be careful.