People blatantly asking questions just for XP, why?

I realise this is a bit hypocritical, but why do you care so much? The only advantage to experience seems to be increased exposure. And what is that worth if you've diluted your personal brand by asking ridiculous questions?

Most Helpful Girl

What Girls Said 8

• Yes.
    You can tell the people that ask and answer just to gain quick X-per points.
    Their answers usually lack quality and are very short in form.
    At least half of the users here genuinely want to help (and see x-per points as a bonus).
    The other half don't really care much about helping, just about getting closer to the gift card.

• Level 1xper people want to reach level 2 so they can message people.

Some people REALLY care about the xper levels. Less about the giftcards now they have made them so unobtainable.

• Oh, I'm all for that Amazon gift card. ;)

Or not since I'm nowhere close to getting one...

• Aw :) What would you get if you could?

• Haha, yes! Brilliant! That's why you're getting a discount. :)

• Hahaha :) Yey!

• Because then they can redeem those points

• Idc about the gifs... and I just found out about them anyways. They aren't that gr8 :/

• I always knew you were for real :)

Lol I can't even get the Amazon gift card yet. After all the life I've wasted on here! :D

• So welcome!! And yuup

• I rarely ask questions, but when I do I'm in it for te genuine answers. Half the time I like giving sarcastic answers and the other half are genuine, so it balances out.

• yeah you can tell who's just answering for the quick XP

• Most Gag users are only on here because of that.

What Guys Said 11

• Xper grabbing is a sensitive subject - I make no bones about it I am probably one of the worst for it - To me gaining Xper points is just a bit of fun and your level is like being on a game - I donated all my points to RAVEN - I have 973 MHOs - I have met a lot of people by being so active on site - It mightn't be everyones' cup of tea but I think there is room on site for all different types of users.

• i don't think so... u get only 1 Xper/question..

5 questions/day and 2 points/selected MHO = 15 Xper/day

15 Xper/day r nothing

• Some do, yes. Some are also always the ones to answer first with an off-the -cuff answer. I sear they must monitor the questions with out answers queue for solely that purpose. It is annoyng as I know if I add to a thought that I won't be first if there aren't any answers yet, but I do it anyway... And then there he is with his short blurb answer 10 seconds earlier.

• I don't give a damn about it myself but for some it looks like some kind of game leveling (or grinding ;) )

• Honestly don't care about XP bullcrap, not bothered at all about it.
    Probably so they can get the amazon gift card quicker lmao.

• I feel the same. Funny how people have different motives for being here.

• I see what you mean man.. Sometimes I feel I can't relate to people irl. Mainly because some people are complete idiots.

• Lol, that too :D

• Reaching 7000 xpers for a giftcard is an impossibility for me, so I don't even try it, but some people here are really optimistic I guess.

• haha yes I think I'll be earning much more if I devote this time to doing something more productive instead of asking questions on GaG.

• I hear burger flipping pays better lol :D

• Mate, people even answer question by inactive accounts just for XP.

• You can get rewards for XP

• I don't have any interest in shirt, amazon card, gifts, xpers etc. Now... I m moving...😎

• Same reason why you get pures in RuneScape who raged when they get 2 Defence.

• they want the guru and master badges it is status symbol and wouldn`t mind if they looked ridiculous obtaining them