Would you consider GAG as a dating site?

Why or why not?

Most Helpful Guy

• It's actually a really great place to meet someone because you can read all of their questions and answers and get a sense of what they're looking for and what their opinions are on certain subjects

What Guys Said 43

• No but I did have random urges to just pack up a suitcase of closes and a few hundred dollars and take the Amtrak train across America lol
    upload.wikimedia.org/.../...rak_System_Map.svg.png

I'm a bit weird.

• I had been on the lookout for a forum that wasn't a dating site and also wasn't nasty. My love life or lack of same is complicated enough so GaG not being a dating site is a a very good thing for me. It is just a social community site to me where I can talk to interesting people. Especially for me with the vast majority of the site so young if there was romantic connotations implied by interacting with members I would have to think about whether to stay on the site or not.
    s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/.../...3114ca63ad.jpg

• any site/area where there is the potential for interaction between girls and guys can end up being a a "dating site". I do not believe that just because GaG wasn't built to meet people and date, it doesn't mean that it can't be used for that purpose. Just as coffee shops were not for dating either, yet people meet their first girlfriends there all the time. So i dont really take issue with people hooking up on here

• I agree with you :)

• "Just as coffee shops were not for dating either, yet people meet their first girlfriends there all the time."

👌 +1

• GAG is not a dating site. It was never intended to be one. I consider it a place to come ask questions and get answers. That is how I see it.

• Not likely, besides I do t use dating sites anyways. Maybe I should considering that I dont get girls anyways. But I think that the users here are too far apart in location to make anything happen. Maybe in the USA it could be done, but not many other places

• No one wants to date a minion lol

Either way I would say that anywhere you have as many guys and girls on a site that you are going to end up having crushes or people that start dating. The only issue that prevents people from dating on here is probably distance.

• What about other minors?

• @DivaMonae that is okay haha I misread a question a few days ago and gave a weird response to something the person was not asking lol

• @Anon1999 yeah @BelleGirl21 is too hot and young to be my mommy!!! I have the hottest sister in the world now!!

• Yes it is so @Biracialqt that's why we can't just https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F7e8FYvx2Hg so will you marry me #WellThatEscalatedQuickly

• Aahww misttt💕💕this is cute!!
      Yes i'll marry you😱😍💞
      Hahaha
      Let's get married on unicorns on top of a rainbow!!!👑

• @biracialQT couldn't have said it better myself @anon1999 get you tuxedo ready or whatever it's called LOL

• It's a Q/A site but if it happens it does if not than better luck next time
    but i would never condone anyone who meets anyone on here for dating
    i know one couple met off of here and than they both disappeared she was
    age 18 and he was age 24 both Christian like people who was very
    nice.

• Well, it's not of course, but some people have talked about having met their guy or girl on here... so it's not impossible but it's not the purpose of the site of course.
    I think it's quite normal that people learn to know each other on here, since we're a "helpful community". But long term users have known each other for years. And many users are from the USA or Canada so the chance 2 users live close together is reasonable.

• No, I wouldn't because this is not the purpose of this site, it's a Q&A site where there are some people who are curious about current things and others who are here to help those who are curious. However if you can find the man of your dreams here then good luck with that Clarisa haha :)

• Not at all, most of us don't come here with the purpose of finding a date. I believe that most of us come here to ask, answer questions and help each other. So, if the intention of most of us isn't dating, it can't be considered a dating site.

• No but my friend says a lot of guys sext her when they get bored and horny

• No, because that's not what the site was made for. However, there are people on this site that do use it as a dating site, though...

• I wouldn't consider this site a dating site, but it can definitely de-facto be used that way.

The females here are less "on guard" and not as superficial, as they would be on a dating site.

• Nah it's just a social website but I suppose you could ask people out -shrugs- as the title says girls ask guys or guys ask girls, never specifically stated what you can ask them lol.

• No, but some people think it is. Yes, I have been found by shirk on here and we've been talking for months, but we aren't dating. Then you have some users who think you're actually able to date them despite living 800 miles away.

• Nawwww. People are too scattered. The odds of some hot busty babe being in my neck of the woods who is also single is slim pickles.

• If it was... i would probably have a girlfriend by now...
    I feel like Yamcha from DBZ... and that really sucks

• I see it more as a place where you can make long distance friendships rather than dating because that would be tricky

• Totally agree with you, i've meet awesome people here

• Not really, because most of cute people on here are from America. Considering I'm a Brit that wouldn't really work. xD

• aww :( I'm sorry about that

• Oh, good! Ahaha, I was like wha? British accents aren't that bad are they? xD
      I should go to America, maybe I'll have better luck with girls lmao. I do have a thing for American accents.
      My accent isn't that great in my opinion. :P

• Wait, What about your GAG wife?

• I simply come here to give younger folks the benefit of my some considerable years of relationships and dating and sexology not to find a match although if a girl approached me for a hookup I probably wouldn't say no but that's not why I'm really here.

• Random girl: Hi
    Me: Hi?

...

• Nope I won't consider it dating site coz all beauties are taken already and its almost impossible for me to date any coz all are far far away from me.. :(

• It probably would stand more of a chance at being a dating site than dating sites do.

• If it becomes a dating site, only sky will be the limit for all the creep messages women receive on this site...

• We already do receive them.

• yeah many women have told me that they receive floods of creepy messages but if it would have been a dating site, then you should prepare for a tsunami (great figure of speech right?) :D

• that used to happen to me but I made my profile and messages private lol

• No
    because I saw 'ask' in the site name
    not GirlsDateGuys

I'm here to share experience and give advice, that is all

• No, because it's a Q&A site.

• No I would not. why would you think or say that

• It's not a dating site but it's free to happen

• How is it anything remotely like a dating site?

• More from Guys
    13

What Girls Said 34

• I feel like it could be used for that purpose but I don't think it's the actual intent of the site. You can certainly find people to hook up with (you can do that everywhere. Or, if you're me, you can collect stalkers anywhere) but the real spirit of the site is to get and give advice from a community.

• Not not at all.

I'm here to advise others not to look for a date.
    This is why I feel profile pics are not necessary

• No not at all and I wouldn't want it to be! It seems like everywhere a lot of people try to make social sites dating sites its like please! Just leave it how it's suppose to be and go to e harmony or some shit! This site was a bit cooler before till lot of crazy dudes try sending dirty messages n all

• I don't consider it a dating site, it's not the purpose of this site obviously, but finding love on here is easy af. 😑😂

• GAG is NOT a dating site. It's an advice site. With that said, like anywhere else, people can enter into relationships. Barnes N Nobles isn't a dating store, but people can and do approach each other for dates. The same for a grocery store or anywhere else in life. We shouldn't make people feel bad for getting dates here. Unfortunately, too many people think this is a sex chat site. Most of us women do not want to see the junk of all these strange men.

• I totally agree with you! ohh how I love Barnes N Nobles ahah :)

• Lol. Me too. I love to read and do so often. Unfortunately, the closest store is an hour away from me. I downloaded the NOOK app to my phone a long time ago and just add my books there.

• People can use it as such, and it would be a helpful tool if the person is being honest about their identity. But, most people don't use GaG to find a relationship. In fact, most of the people making sexual advances to other members are either looking to troll or just want a dirty conversation.

Besides, we are all over the world and no one is so interesting that I'm going to pine for them if they're seven states away.

• I think a lot of people kind of treat it that way. I don't think it is, however if I was single there are a couple people I've met here that I'd consider dating.

• Not at all. It's purely an advice site which helps people in their dating prospects and relationships in real life, as well as lot more.

• Nope. I mean if people meet here and fall in love, good for them. That's what happens. But since it's a site where people ask about relationship problems and more, then it might seem so to a lot of people.

• No but at this rate it might as well be...

• No but, it could be a good one. You can see what the guy you find interesting thinks on certain stuff.

• yeah but I don't think it could be a good one though

• i don't consider it a dating site as it lacks that type of interface

• Nah I need to be able to touch someone. If I know there's a chance I'll get to meet them I'll consider it. Otherwise no. Not even considered, lol.

• No. This isn't a dating site. Dating sites usually make you answer a bunch of questions and mat h you with people with similar answers.

• No because that isn't its purpose at all...

• COME AT MEH BABY

just kidding.

• no. i dont think so...

• Its not going to work. People still catfish others here.

• I don't think thats the intent of this site, but a lot of people treat it like it is.

• Nope, if it was I wouldn't be here lol

• There's not enough people my age here I can connect with.

Besides, who would date a cat? :p

• It might be a site for virgin hunting, depending on who you are.

• No, it's not meant to be a dating site.

• I'm glad that it's not and if it turns into one then I'm outta here

• It's mostly dating advice but that doesn't necessarily make it a dating website ;P

• No? It's a place you ask questions

• Not really

• It is NOT a dating site. The people who want someone need to sign up for Match or something.

• Nope, that's not the concept of the website

• Not at all lol ~ it's just like any other question-answer website to me really

• More from Girls
    4