How can people block comments on questions?

How can they do this? Is it a new thing with the update?
Do you love or hate it?

• It sucksssss! Make it go away!
  • You're being a baby, it's fine.
Here's what I mean. I answered a question and made a couple comments (not mean btw) and the question asker posted a comment which I wanted to respond to and it said "comments for this opinion have been blocked"

Most Helpful Guy

What Guys Said 19

• 1. As YFE says correctly GAG has a feature that blocks one from commenting on a particular opinion in a particular question. This can be exercised by the asker
    2. Either the asker may have done it by error or that he/she doesn't want to hear from you on that topic / debate / argue with you :)
    3. Since it says 'blocked for this opinion' chances are that you aren't blocked by the user in totality, you can write to him/her asking as to why? just in case it's an error
    4. For all you know it may be his/her ruse to get you to pm them lol

• You must be known about this. You saw this 19 days earlier.
    www.girlsaskguys.com/.../q1506991-comments-for-this-opinion-have-been-blocked-what-is-this
    An asker can block a user.
    http://www.girlsaskguys.com/faq#115

• As an asker, you can block a user on your question. Please check: http://www.girlsaskguys.com/faq#115
    These users are blocked for that specific post only.

• I see you said you did not post your answer anonymously, what they have done is they have blocked you. Send me a link if you want and ill see if I can work out why they did it.

• I didn't even know about his new feature that sucks.

• I think that would need to be anonymous (the asker)
    in order to block ones comments who are not anonymous
    or maybe this is yet another new update added also
    If you were anonymous answering and they were anonymous yes
    they can block you for comments for that question..

• I don't mind if they block me, I just know I won't block people with no reasons. Also I won't block your comments on my questions. If they do this because they don't like your comments or don't like you. But you just need to forget about this and move on, I think that guy or girl don't even know you. I also think block is a right everyone can use it.

• Thanks. :)

• I mean , I'm sorry that happen to you, As I know you're a friendly girl on GAG, If this kind for thing happen to you, Yeah that will be sucks, You already know what to do, Make it go away!

• I thought you could always do that - I really only block when someone is offensive to me.

• I guess you could. I just thought you could only block people and not just for certain questions.

• It's annoying. I dislike it more when people block you for simply giving an opinion they don't like to hear. It's childish and it makes me wonder what the hell they're doing here in the first place.

But as they say, life goes on.

• I agree. And I think it's counter productive ti the purpose of this site.

• @Asker Most certainly it is. Open discussion should be encouraged and a block feature takes that away. I think it should only be used in cases where the responder is harassing you. But if you use it because you want to silence dissenting opinions then I'm sorry, but you are a behaving like a child no matter how mature you think you are.

• You can block people from commenting on your opinions or questions by blocking the person.

Some girl did that to me. She got very angry because I suggested that she could make the first move on guys more often. Apparently I hit her "entitled princess" nerve.

• it seems cowardly

• I hate it

Like what if the asker offends you, just because of your opinion, even if it's said in a polite and understanding manner.
    I'd like to talk it out, and instead they block you... in that sense I can say that I hate it

• It's happened to me a few times. It doesn't bother me :)

• That's a good little minion! 😏😋😘

• Haha! I try to be but some times I just have to ignore the noise... that's the only way to get rewarded with banana haha :D

• I'm not bothered c:
    It works for me! :)

• Wait really? I wanna do it

• Yeah I've encountered this only one from a nut job who insults u then blocks after having the last word all because you didn't agree with her

• Asker can block anonymous users in their questions..

• The people who block mid conversation are usually losing and feel the need to block the opposed person so they can appear to have the last word.

Just use another commenters post to respond.

• What d you mean? Wasn't it always like that?

• No like I answered a question and then I was blocked from respinding any more. Even on my own comment. Except I was blocked by the user, just my comments on that question.

• Oh I've seen that. I think it means the asker blocked the opinion owner so nobody can comment now.

What Girls Said 7

• That's not a new thing. If an anonymous QA blocks an opinion owner or vice versa, then it blocks ALL comments for that opinion on that question.

• Ahhhh. I've never come across thst before. That's incredibly annoying! So only anonymous asker can do that?

• Well anyone can block another user, as you know. However, users can also block anonymous posters (for that question only) which is how this happens. So you can block an anonymous QA as well or if you ask a question, you can block an anonymous opinion owner. It simply blocks all comments for that opinion.

• Makes sense but I think it's cowardly and counterproductive. :(

• Yes, that has been here for a while.

I like it but I have fallen victim to it more than once, being silenced by someone who has no rebuttle.

It's cool, means I can stop people making noise on my questions.

• This happened to me a while ago. The user went into my profile and blocked me so i couldn't respond to their last comment 😊 obviously the person wanted tha last say lol

• I dont really like it. Even if its just for guys or just for girls, the other sex sometimes can offer a different perspective on it

• I don't like it.
    One guy blocked me because I corrected his geography.

• because they're A**HOLES!!! JK!!

people sometimes do that because they don't agree with you

• i know how it feels some people aren't nice these days but i wish i could help u but i can't