Do you think GAG should allow users to see the results without voting?

Sometimes people may find interested in the same question the asker asked while they also have no idea on the poll. However, askers cannot always provide an option of "see results".

I think their could be a clickable button under the poll, like "I want to see results directly", which authorizes users to see results without voting and avoid the situation of seeing results before voting, so prospective voters will not be affected by others' opinions.

Do you think it is a good idea?

• Yes, it is a good idea.
  • Hard to say good or bad.
  • No, it is a bad idea.
  • I really do not care.
I mean, the default setting should be not letting people see results without voting, but there can be a clickable button to let them see it.
Or even more, there could be a rule like this: you must vote before clicking the button.

Most Helpful Girl

• If you allow users who do not have an opinion on the subject or are unsure about their opinion due to variables or are just curious about the results because the topic interests them to see without voting, You will keep a lot of the polls accurate and correct. Then just getting messed up results because someone wanted to see what everyone voted so they chose a random answer. Which sort of mess up or skews the poll.

• Do you think the idea in the update is a even-better idea?

• That rule means: The default setting is not allowing users to see the results. If you want to see it (because of any reasons), you can feel free to click that button. But after you click that button, you will be unable to vote again.

• never mind I got it. I think the firset suggestion is could have there be a setting the blocks the polls from being viewed but can be taken off sounds sufficient, but it has to be placed in a place where it would be a little bit of effort to get to then we don't get that domino effect. The other poster mentioned and only the people who just want to see the results will go through all the effort.

What Girls Said 5

• If that were to happen I have a feeling peoples votes would be influenced by the poll results.
    If they see a majority of people voted a certain way , they may vote that way as well.
    I've seen the "domino effect" happen here pretty often (pertaining to down voting comments).
    It's like when one person does something the rest follows.
    I don't think it would be fair.
    It would skew the results badly !
    Of course this isn't the case for all gag members but certainly some of them.

• I wouldn't mind it.

• I think so, instead of the person being forced to vote or the Asker having to put "See Results" in the poll.

• I think they should automatically add an extra option that lets you vote to just see the results and forfeits your right to vote, without screwing up the poll votes %.

• Yes, it totally enrages me that I can't see them unless I vote.

What Guys Said 4

• Thank you for the suggestion, we will take it into consideration :)

• I think that is a good idea

• No because most people would run with the majority vote

• That is why I said the default setting should be not letting people see results, while there can be a clickable button to allow them check results.

• And please check the update.

• that would b a nice addition