What happened to GAG?

The old G@G seemed a lot somre likely and responsive than it is now... I find myself looking at not even that old questions from like three months ago that get soo many replies (in the 100s and 200s) and now questions struggle to get even 30 replies. What happened? I feel like I joined a few months too late...

A lot more lively*

Most Helpful Girl

• GaGers happened, especially the new ones. I blame the lousy mods and boring users who keep on flagging every damn opinion and question under the allegation of antagonism when there's really no antagonism/offensiveness involved. I have, for instance, just read a chick saying that every user who refrains from telling how supposedly beautiful everyone who asks to be rated is should have their comments flagged as offensive. This excessive censorship is what is keeping people from sharing their opinions and interacting with one another, thus making questions short of replies.

I digressed a bit.

What Guys Said 14

• Questions that could be popular aren't really bumped up on the feed now because the feed doesn't show "xyz commented on an opinion" on questions anymore.

That used to cause problems, some questions never got any attention - but now, no question gets too much attention, ya know?

• the traffic here sucks in my opinion.

• There has been a change over the last while - Question have a very short shelf life - I am not sure what has changed to cause this - I personally think people are not using feeds as much I find myself answering topics more than anything else - Peoplel are spread all over site rather than on recent feed where a question could get attention and an avalanche of replies - The only questions that get more than 20 replies seem to be the tagging ones.

• Probably a mix of traffic and bad updates and people not being in the right place on the site like the recent area were I tend to spend my time.

• It's because of the new format. Put a few people off. Some people have trouble dealing with change. It'll recover.

• people ask this question all the time...

• I've never seen it before... I guess that's the problem then.

• I somewhat noticed that as well

• I don't notice a difference.

• GAG is not going on right track with bad policies these days..

• Because they made too many unnecessary changes.

• It's up to you to save GAG!

• 1) unnecessary changes.
    2) They won't reply why they made change they just make it and it's worse. I think of leaving GAG , because of such an idiot updates for example when you come to first page it's so useless page, literally that's the worst update I've seen in my life.

3) I don't use GAG that much anymore because they constantly keep changing it.
    4) Fuc* you GAG owners you don't even want to reply.

• Some questions are more popular than others. Usually they're the trolling ones, that aren't meant to be taken seriously

• Making the front page look nothing more than a spam/click-bait fest probably hasn't helped anything.

What Girls Said 5

• *comments to comments aren't really displayed anymore
    *crappy moderators
    *more butt-hurt people on the site now

• what @mesonfielde sad

• I think you can still get that many replies.. if you ask a bait question.

• Like about race or sexism...

• I don't know. You have to look at the 3 month questions that got 100s of replies.

• Something about GAG has felt different the past couple of days.

• I'm not really seeing any of these issues but I use the mobile version. Maybe it's different from desktop?