Do you believe we should be able to transfer remaining reedemable points to other GAGers?

I didn’t mind much bout Amazon Gift Card’s minimum amount of Xper being upgraded (knew it’d happen sooner or l8r)... but wot’s most painful’s da amount of remaining redeemable points.

I mean I have 35346 remainin points…and technically I can redeem 14k/month, instead of redeem ‘em altogether. So I wanna get rid of em in 1 way or another u know… :(

So I believe it’d b nice 2 transfer some of yer points 2 other GAGers…. so everyone would b pleased :D

Most Helpful Guy

• Nice idea on paper but no.

That would cause either 1) the XPer price for the prizes to go up again at a sooner rate, and 2) some of the prizes (especially the Amazon card ), to be discontinued entirely.

Why? Because transferable XPer points between users = more redeemed prizes = higher costs for the website owners = adjustments numbered above will occur

----

This website is a business, not a charity. So rules and trends of economic shall apply here. Sorry if most users don't understand that and want to emotionally spaz all over the site about taking longer to get free shit.

-----

#ProfDonForAdmin

What Girls Said 40

• I doubt they will do that lol.

• The only way you could do this is by contacting an admin and suggesting this. There'd obviously have to be some caps/limits but it'd be a nice way to thank someone for doing something for you. :) I like this idea.

Does your level still stay the same though when you redeem Xper?

• yer Xper level wouldn't b affected

• This would not work and defeat the point of the xper system altogether. The point is that YOU work for the xper YOU receive and that's that. If you give it to other people, then you'll boost their xper levels and possibly give them titles that they technically didn't rightfully earn, since they didn't earn the xper on their own. Plus, if this system became a thing, then people would start begging each other for xper, or try to abuse the system. There are many ways you could abuse it, possibly by creating spam accounts that would automatically transfer the xper to their main. You could also start using the xper as a cash thing, like someone who gives good advice could start asking people to give them 5 more xper for every personal advice they give in a PM or whatever.
    This would only give the mods and admins WAY more work, like having to catch spammers and other people who would abuse the system just to boost their xper status or to receive more gift cards in a shorter amount of time. So while the idea is cute in theory, there's no fucking way it would work for real haha.

• yer total Xper amount won't change... only da redeemable one. Like if someone has 165k Xper in total, and 10k redeemable Xper, and then someone gives him 10k he won't go 175k... but he's redeemable amount will go 20k and only

• oh well, i'm gonna have a poll bout it 2morrow,... how GAGers feel bout non-cleared unredeemed Xper counter :p ;)

• I'm sure most GaGers are for it since all they care about is that gift card. But I'm 100% sure the admins and mods are completely against it. Like I said, it would be tricky to develop a system like that, and a lot of people would most likely end up abusing it one way or another. GaG just raised the xper cost of a gift card from 5k to 7k. Why do you think that? Because they don't want people to cash in gift cards as regularly. They don't want to lose more money than necessary. If people started giving each other xper they don't need left and right, and if people started creating spam accounts that could go under the radars of mods and admins, then GaG would have to give out more money again. Which defeats the purpose of the gift card xper raise. So at that point they would either get rid of the system, or they would raise the cost to like 10k or something ridiculous like that.

• What an awesome thought! That would be pretty nice to be able to do something like this. Until then, can you not redeem your points here, get your email with the code, but instead of applying it to your Amazon account, just send someone a private message to tell someone the code of the gift card they redeemed so they can claim it?

• Did it be4... but wot i was tryin 2 say's i have da ability to redeem only 14k/month

• No, then people would create multiple accounts and send it to themselves lol

• Of course those accounts will b banned, includin da original one

• Great idea :) kind of you too but GAG would never allow it

• A sweet idea but then it would be people begging for them.

What would be nicer is if they could be pooled together and given to charity. I wish GaG had a charity option for other countries as I would give my xper to them instead.

• You are so sweet! :*

• Awwww that would be the cutest thing - as a birthday present or something. =)

Yeah, if you have no use for them then yeah.

• you have a big heart klaatu (*^^*)

• I would love to transfer actually. I tried to use Amazon. I did not like it.
    I gave Raven too. So i would like to share with people if they wanted.

• I thought you could do that. All you have to do is send them a message. I saw something about that in the very beginning of this site.

But instead of sending it to people, you could make a donation to Raven.

• u can't redeem points, but still u can give yer rewards 2 other GAGers

• Yes please I like a load full of money!!! Lol

• That would be nice! I feel like it has a huge potential to be abused though.

• That's really sweet.

• aww thats nice of you. and i think its a pretty good idea.
    i thought you could just use someone else's email for redeeming the points? i don't really know.. i've only redeemed points once! xP

• just ask admins "could u please transfer 5k redeemable points 2 @dolphiny?"

• i should've cashed em when it was 5k... ugh :(

• haha i know right :(

• Yes as long as they're to @DivaMonae

• ok i'll give u some, but there r others on da line u know...

• I was jk 😊

• hahahah np, if u actually wanted LOL

• It would be a nice feature, especially for people who want to quit or have multiple accounts. Are you allowed to have multiple accounts on this site btw?

• noooooo

• they'd get deleted along wid yer original account

• But why is it not allowed in the first place lol. What if people just don't want people to know who they are or want a name change? I don't see the big deal. I guess it is good though because it keeps weirdos from using multiple accounts to message people on here.

• that would be a cool idea actually! :)

• No I don't agree... people should have to earn points

• and wot bout us who want 2 give our unredeemed points quicker?

• *level

• That isn't so bad then but then it becomes a popularity contest

• it is a good idea.. but who would you transfer them to? ;)

• To @matheus_tb as i promised LOL

But i could save some for other GAGers as well

• thats nice of you.. @matheus_mb :) but we can just keep on dreaming... because i dont think points can or will ever b transfered... but @Klaatu51 is a sweetie to think like this..

• Awww thank u ^_^

• It's not important. If you would like to give a gift code to someone personally, by all means do it :)

• I could take or leave it... I would be more for it if the points only were used to redeem and would not affect someones level rank, that should only be based on the points you earn yourself.

• Xper level won't b affected

• Then being able to give people your points would be nice. If someone decides to leave GaG then they can give points away instead of letting them go to waste

• Great idea, but would you do it if that meant you'd lose those xper points on your account and drop a few levels? XD

• yup... i've already redeemed 129750 points in total... so i'll still b 2nd :p

• Not for long! Bertmacklin is catching up lol

• errr... i'm 100k superior :p

• It would be great

• Yessssss! It would be great :D
    I like the idea!

• yeah it would be nice :)

• That would be a really nice feature!!

• Yes for sure you should be able to give your points away.

• Uggh, I wish.

• More from Girls
    10

What Guys Said 28

• Like any system there will be those who exploit it. Like as silly as it sounds, I'm sure there is some crazed person out there who wanted the top rank and would be willing to try to get as much XP from anyone as much as possible to get it. So you'd have some #1 GAG person as the top ranking person who didn't truly gain the XP necessary to be up there.

• Yeah they should. That would be nice if you wanted to be so generous. :) I also think they should do a raffle and transfer points lost when people don't log on and deactivate their accounts with out redeeming points. I seen this happen so many times.

• I haven't seen anything about a change in the redemption for Amazon gift cards. What's up or where can I find that information?

• Feature Your Question
      750 Xper points
      Your question will be kept on top of recent questions and all Topic pages for 24 hours. This exposure will get more opinions for your question.
      GirlsAskGuys T-Shirt - $15 Value
      1000 Xper points
      Exclusive GirlsAskGuys T-shirt in 100% cotton. (In Stock - Ships to USA and Canada only)
      Donation to RAVEN
      4000 Xper points- $15 donation
      8000 Xper points- $30 donation
      Cash in your Xper points for a good cause! RAVEN is recognized nationally as a key organization to stop the cycle of violence in our families and communities. Redeem 4000 points, and we will make a $15 donation to RAVEN, noting your user name. Redeem 8000 points, and we will make a $30 donation, noting your user name.
      TGI Friday's Gift Card - $10 Value
      3500 Xper points
      Get a $10 Gift Card from TGI Friday's emailed to you for a delicious meal. (Available in the US stores only)
      Amazon Gift Card - $20 Value
      7000 Xper points
      Buy books, electronics, apparel and gifts. (Expires if not used in 1 year)

• Was it 2,500 or 5,000 points for a $20 gift card before the change? That should have been announced in advance and the old scale should apply to points that you earned before the change.

• a little while ago it was 5k, but when rewards started it was 2k only

• Yeah I don't care about the prizes - I give my points to RAVEN but if I didn't do that I wouldn't use the Amazon cards and my current rate is running at about 10k - 12k a month.

• Wow that's a lot I only average maybe 40 points a day how do you do that?

• I work from home so every so often I take a 10 min break and answer a few questions to clear my head and then in the evening have TV on and peruse GaG - I tend to favour questions that need short answers.

• i answer long ones often lately that's y i'm left behind :p

• No, and there are a few reasons behind this; the first is that under-the-table agreements can be made and untraced, the second is that it creates a major coding problem, and the third is that if one were to bother with such a system the XPER reward base system would be thrown into jeopardy because you'd make more kissing one ass in a day than you would posting which would lower incentive for madmen like yourself.

• me a madman? y bro? o_O

• now i'm less active actually...

• Which is good and healthy. So am I.

• Yes! Transfer them to me, with dollar being R$ 3,00 here I'd be rich man with all those Amazon gift cards I could ask xD

• Yes, i like the idea of transferring X-per to other users
    but we want gift people who we know come on GaG
    a good bit.

• That actually wouldn't be a bad idea gagers who don't care about points, have already redeemed their monthly quota or are leaving could give them to other people that want them.

• Girls would start sending guys news for thousands of xp, bad idea lol!!!

• I bet you'd transfer all to girls.

• If u have a gag friend leaving they could transfer any remain xper to you but since the site would lose out they wouldn't allow us

• Absolutely yes! I want to see how many guys get hustled by the females.

• I think it's fine as long as it doesn't lead to users making 'feeder' accounts to funnel points to their main one. That's a rather huge issue with certain video games (virtual currency instead of points).

• Of course if this happens their accounts will b banned

• That would be a good idea

• yeah i think its nice that way @Klaatu51 @emerald77 and @zell0is0my0name can get me points for gift cards

• u can cash for 2 cards/month though

i'd give u a little boost like 1-2k Xper :)

• yeah but its not possible anyway :(

• Yeah sure, give em all to me, lol.

• That's pretty generous of you but can't you just redeem them for more Amazon gift cards?

• Nope only 2/month

• then easiest way is to post shitty 3-word opinions without readin descriptions. u get 1 Xper/opinion.

i'd not suggest it though. again if u work all day and u want to post productive answers... then sorry u have to stick wid 50 xper/day

• Oh ok, thanks, but I usually like to give an honest though

• GAG will hate it!
    Think this: 4 people have 1750 redeemable points respectively. If they can transfer those points, GAG has to issue gift cards more frequently.

• Oh god I would be a sucker for somebody and give them all my points

• Can someone sell virginity to get a 10,000 Xpers? Kidding...

• That'd be nice.
    Off topic, I would prefer that they started shipping the gag shirts all around the world (even if they'd had to charge extra points.) though.

• Yeah but I would never do it nobody deserves my hard earn points :P

• I agree with @Zendrya points should be earned

• yeah but yet wot annoys me more is my large amount of unredeemed points as i said LOL

• Good idea!

• Did not know about this :o

• yeah thad be great

• I highly doubt brother that everybody will do that :p

• personally i'd do it :)

• yes, we should

• if u were gainin Xper for each pic of urs u post, then u'd b Master already :p

jk

• why are you always looking at my pics?, if you don't want to see the question just move on

• obviously i was jokin (jk i said)