Have you ever been really respectful while answering or asking for advice on GAG and then got totally disrespected as a response?

Sometimes, like more often than necessary, when I answer or ask a question on GAG as politely as possible, throwing in casual lol's and smiley faces and "good lucks", some GAG users feel the need to be douche bags as a response to my politeness. This is not a question of why they are, I know that some people are petty, childish, shielded by anonymous names, or just always rude. I dont take offense to such foolishness, I just want to say that if you are a GAG asshole, please stop being one because you are disturbing people who actually want advice and want to help others and your acting like a fucking moron. Thank you

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes it happened with me today, her question was what
    we thought about the way the country is being run i told
    her we need to stop the violence that police officers are
    doing against minorities and her answer was cocky ass
    response not too good..

• Some people are really jerks. I mean, I get that when this big group of people share their opinions together, we won't all agree. But I feel like if I can read some of these mean comments and manage to just "Click. Block. Done." how others have to so mean.

• Yes I agree with you

What Guys Said 6

• I do not know why some are so nasty, people are just asking for advice

• Yeah for the most part it does turn into a brawl of some sort

• Of course.

• Some really rude people on here thankfully not a lot.

• All the time, had opinions blocked because people were being toxic

• I believe in calling out Bullshit when I see it. And sometimes I'm rude about.

For instance, someone encourages people to post pics. Know what? That's often a tactic catfishing sexual predators use to victimize children. Be all friendly, have a selfie thread... and then look for the inevitable underage kid who unwittingly used identifying info in a pic (plus the photo itself will contain GPS info from the phone when the photo was taken). Target is marked.

So when selfie threads happen, I'll call the QA a child molester... because why the fuck should I believe they are who they say they are?

If anything strikes me as something other than genuine, I will ridicule and abuse, knowing the piece of trash who posted almost certainly deserved it.

• Why not just say "hey not cool, kids are on this website so no pics". Why do you have to call them child molesters and all that shit. Its not like your the only one who notices that the possibility of bullshit is apparent. Many people notice it and stand up for it without assuming that the person is a child molester. Also, even being brutally honest doesn't mean you have to name call, I stand up for things without being a bitch about it.

• I have learned that most people are filth. Most people are "moral" only in so far as they haven't the opportunity to do wrong without being caught. Trash. Human trash everywhere.

I won't treat them with hugs and kisses for the image they project. I will treat them according to who they are underneath. And it's usually a safe bet that the other person, deep down, is a lowly, witless sack of filth. So that's how I treat them.

I'm simply being genuine.

What Girls Said 6

• mostly every time, there are lots of people on here just looking for a fight

• Of course. You just have to learn to ignore them.

• Don't take it personally. Some people are just rude

• Yes. I got some really terrible responses, one that told me to go die because of a simple question about an entertainment like or dislike. I had to block him and another guy.

I don't know if they are trolling or as you listed... maybe they're all of it. I am glad for the block feature so I don't have to see those toxic remarks... but then I see the same person in other posts. :/

• A good 40% of the people on GAG are nasty, bitter, delusional and ignorant. That's just the way it is.

• many times.